This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Jessica Chmielinksi

Year: Sophomore

Major: Pre-Pharmacy, officially accepted to the Pharmacy school for next year!

This is Jess. She may look relaxed in this cute summer photo, but make no mistake. This girl is all about going the distance, whether that’s on the ski slopes or in the classroom.  Only a sophomore and she has already mastered the ultimate trifecta: school, friends, and fitness. How the heck does she do it? Let’s find out!

HC: Hey, Jessica. Tell me something about yourself. Anything.

JC: I love cats. They’re my favorite animal.

HC: Okay, that’s definitely important. Now, let’s get to know a little more. What sort of extra-curricular activities are you involved with at Pitt?

JC: I am in swim club, ski club, as well as two Pharmacy organizations. I am also involved with Hillel as a community engagement intern. I also lifeguard at Trees.

HC: Wow, you’ve really got your plate full! Could you explain a little bit about your role at Hillel, since that might be a little bit less obvious to some of our readers?

JC: Of course! For my internship I take other Jewish students out to frozen yogurt or coffee, in order to teach them about Hillel and to get them involved (if they want to be). If not, it is just an opportunity to meet other Jewish people at Pitt! 

HC: You obviously do a lot, both academically and socially. What’s your secret to keeping stress levels as low as possible?

JC: I like to exercise regularly. I take a boot-camp class. Every season I have a sport that I like to do! Skiing in the winter, and running in the spring. I also love hanging out with my friends and to enjoy the things in Pittsburgh that aren’t related to academics.

HC: Do you have a sweet tooth? What’s your go-to treat?

JC: I LOVE anything chocolate, but I really really love cheesecake. Oreo cheesecake is my absolute favorite.

HC: Mmm, that does sound good. What about this summer? Any fun plans?

JC: Yes! I am going on an 8-week internship program called Onward Israel. I will be doing Pharmacy research in Tel-Aviv. Then from Israel, I’m going to go Amsterdam with a friend for a week!

HC: That’s awesome! What are you going to do there?

JC: We’re staying in a youth hostel and our plan is just to explore the city!

HC: That sounds amazing! Thank you for your time, Jessica. You truly are a campus celeb!

Images provided by Celeb.

Hey, I'm Leah! I am originally from Jerusalem, Israel. Right now, I am a student at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring in French and Psychology. I am totally passionate about languages. My hobbies include drawing elaborate pictures with markers on white boards, searching for quotes by my favorite authors and writers, cooking, and dancing SALSA.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt