alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

James Corden Takes Over The Late Late Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Have you heard the news? There’s another new late night talk show host in town, and he comes in the form of British comedian James Corden. Amongst other recent changes in late night TV, including the introduction of Late Night with Seth Meyers and the announcement of David Letterman’s replacement being Stephen Colbert, Corden will be taking over The Late Late Show on CBS. The show’s current host, Craig Ferguson, announced earlier this year that he will depart in December after being at the show’s helm since 2005.

You’ve probably never heard of him, but this could be Corden’s opportunity to boost his success in the states to the caliber at which it stands in England. He’s been the host of awards shows and panel shows which are hugely popular in the UK as well as multiple series on BBC. You may have seen him briefly as a guest star in the Matt Smith era of Dr. Who.  Recently, he’s made his debut in the US in hit movies such as Begin Again with Keira Knightley and the upcoming Into The Woods with Meryl Streep. He also has a litany of awards including a Tony award and a BAFTA. Additionally, he was British GQ’s man of the year in 2012.

As you can tell, he’s quite popular already across the pond. He’s not only a comedian, but also a writer, a creator, and a Broadway performer. Will we embrace him with open arms and learn to love him and his multi-faceted talents? The Late Late Show airs on CBS (the network that prides itself on being ‘America’s #1’) at 12:35 am. Her Campus be sure to tune in!

Image Credit: 1, Corden’s twitter

BA in Communication and Business Certificate in Digital Media University of Pittsburgh 2016   HC Pitt Business Manager & Social Media Manager 2015-2016 I like sleep and pop culture. @laurnace | laurnace@gmail.com *Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Her Campus or Her Campus Pitt as a whole nor do others' opinions necessarily reflect my own. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt