christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
christian wiediger ZYLmudR28SA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I’m a Millennial and I’m Terrible with Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you are reading this article, chances are you’re a millennial too.

I don’t feel that I have always fit the generalized definition of millennials. I would say most people think of millennials as tech-savvy young people, who spend all their time on social media, and can’t remember what it was like to have or use a landline. I agree that millennials spend quite a bit of time on social media, but that it’s true for all millennials. This is where my own issues arise.

I have never been good at keeping up to date with everything happening on the world-wide web. It just never came as naturally to me as other people. I am trying to be better at it, but there are still some moments where I’m clueless. Improvement or no, here are some examples of how bad I am with social media for your own enjoyment 

1. I did not have an Instagram account until my senior year of high school and I made my account unwillingly.

2. I did not have a Twitter account until about one month ago.

3. I often forget to check both Instagram and Twitter for days at a time.

4. Even if I do manage to check up on all of my social accounts, remembering to actually post anything is a whole other struggle.

Now I realize these are all the definition of #firstworldproblems but even still, I hope that there is maybe one or two of you out there who can relate.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hi there! I'm Abbie and I am double majoring in non-fiction writing and communications at the University of Pittsburgh. My passions include napping and napping some more. On the off chance that I'm not napping, I'm probably somewhere in the library or chilling out with friends.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt