Her Campus Pitt’s Favorite Things About Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Finals are quickly approaching, but following those exams and papers is summer break! We all need some motivation to get through the end of the semester, so here is a list of our favorite things about summer. (Spoiler alert: we’re really excited to stop wearing shoes.)

“Driving around with the windows down and blasting music on a sunny day.” -Kelly D.

“My entire mom’s side of the family—cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, plus everyone’s S.O.s—go to Ocean City, New Jersey, and not only do I love the beach, but I love spending that time with them and building on the memories we’ve been making there since I was a toddler.” -Casey S.

“Driving at the beach with my friends with the roof off of my car and eating ice cream!!!” -Jessie I.

“I love laying out and reading all day and being able to run outside. My favorite thing is swimming in the evening though.”- Katie M.

“Cookouts, picnics, bonfires and any other excuse to eat outside” -Lexi N.

“No shoes EVER and kayaking” -Taylor S.

“Finally getting to see all of my friends from home” -Delaney H.

“Spontaneous trips to the beach and showing friends from Pittsburgh the New Jersey beaches when they visit!” -Kate M.

“Walking around in the grass barefoot and having picnics outside” -Lauren F.

“Sandals and free time to relax” -Macy H.

“Reading outside in the afternoon and evening” -Dominique S.

“Finally exploring the city and hanging out with all my pals!” -Mariah C.

Hopefully being reminded of the best things about summer will motivate you to push through the end of the semester and ace those finals before break!

Photo credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt