This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We’re back for another round of our monthly favorites! Here’s what we’ve been talking about, tweeting about, and just generally obsessing over throughout October.

Juliette Kelly: St. Tropez tanning mousse!Why we’re obsessed: I used it for Halloween weekend for costumes when I didn’t want to be super pale. They sell it at the Sephora in Shadyside, and it lasts forever. It’s one of the best self-tanning products I’ve found. It is darker than Jergens Daily Lotion – plus it lasts for almost a week! I’m obsessed with it!

Lexi Surunis: BB Cream!!!

Why we’re obsessed: With school stress at an all-time high, this stuff actually does work magic, covering blemishes to keep my skin looking smooth and healthy. It starts out white and blends to match your skin tone! The name doesn’t lie! Magic!

Lydia Keener: Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizerWhy we’re obsessed: When it gets really cold, my skin dries out so fast, but this stuff is INCREDIBLE. It keeps my skin so soft and smells good.

Jessie Iacullo: MAC Cyber lipstick!!!

Why we’re obsessed: It’s a dark purple vampy shade. It’s amazing, and I’m obsessed. I wear it all the time, especially when I go out. And it makes me feel really bad*ss (insert sunglasses emoji here)!

Mavis Salomon-Lowden: Fleece Lined leggingsWhy we’re obsessed: As it gets colder and I get lazier, these are the best things to keep your legs warm and your style on point (kinda).

Amanda Corrado: My army green jacket!

Why we’re obsessed: I literally wear it all the time. It’s such a great color that goes with so much. Layer it with a skirt to look fun and girly or play it up to be edgy and cool with some black boots. Add a burgundy scarf and you’re ready for the changing Pittsburgh air.

Megan Baksi: My black puffer vest!Why we’re obsessed: I wear it with almost every outfit! I love the way it looks and keeps my body warm at the same time.

Katie Piscopio: The Yard, a restaurant in Shadyside right off of Walnut Street!

Why we’re obsessed: They have insane grilled cheeses that are served with tomato soup and different types of fries (the sweet potato fries come with this cinnamon butter spread that is to die for!). The “Mac Attack” grilled cheese is the main reason worth going to the restaurant: it has their homemade Mac ‘n Cheese with bacon on thick, delicious bread. Everyone must try it at some point!

Claire Marie: Coffee from The Porch walk-up windowWhy we’re obsessed: It’s so delicious and a great deal—a fairly large size for just $1 between the hours of 7:00 am and 11:00 am! They don’t even charge for soy milk, which is a perk I haven’t found anywhere else. I can’t believe it took until my junior year to find this hidden treasure!

Emily Kearns: Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Why we’re obsessed:  I’ve eaten this before, but for some reason I’ve been eating it so much lately!! It’s so tasty and filling. My go-to snack has been pretzels with hummus, and they even sell it in little to-go packs at Quick Zone and other on-campus food places!

Melodi Reich: Milkshakes from Burgatory!

Why we’re obsessed: I went to Burgatory twice in one week (fat) and got a different one each time, and they were both AMAZING. I highly suggest the Salted Nutella Crunch milkshake, as well as the Coffee and Donuts one.

Jenna Chambers: Anything and everything pumpkin flavoredWhy we’re obsessed: It’s a fall classic and always popular in October for everyone!

Catherine McNulty: Pumpkin hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works!

Why we’re obsessed: I’ve gone through two bottles plus these, so I am definitely addicted. The scents make me feel so festive!

Sarah Filiault: Vanilla scented candlesWhy we’re obsessed: I’ve already burnt through a whole one and moved on to the second. It’s just such a relaxing scent.

Sarita Brady: Faking It!

Why we’re obsessed: I was skeptical for a long time just because of the premise, but then I heard about the great representation. I caved and watched the pilot, and now I can’t stop watching!

Lauren Nace: Gilmore Girls!Why we’re obsessed: Netflix just added the full Gilmore Girls series to instant stream, and I have been having a great time reliving the 2000s by watching it. I’m a sucker for girl-power entertainment especially when it has as much wit as this and an abundance of obscure pop culture references.

Abby Stubenbort: “1989”

Why we’re obsessed: “1989” has been on repeat since it dropped. It’s so different [from Taylor’s usual sound] and so new and the songs are catchy and fun. I used to LOVE Taylor, and then somewhere along the way, I kinda fell out of love with her. BUT THAT IS NO MORE. This new Taylor is amazing and perfect and wonderful. It’s by far her best album yet.

Bekah Jean: Also Taylor Swift’s new album (sorry, not really though).Why we’re obsessed: I like the new pop sound, and it’s not all about heartbreak. I just love the upbeat sound of most of the songs.

Fredrika Unander-Scharin: Succulents

Why we’re obsessed: They’re the easiest plants to take care of! Because they’re cacti, you don’t have to water them very often, which is great for someone like me who forgets to water plants unless I’m reminded… They can really spruce up a room (pun intended).

Image credit: 3, 9, 10, 11; all other photos courtesy of HC Pitt members

BA in Communication and Business Certificate in Digital Media University of Pittsburgh 2016   HC Pitt Business Manager & Social Media Manager 2015-2016 I like sleep and pop culture. @laurnace | laurnace@gmail.com *Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Her Campus or Her Campus Pitt as a whole nor do others' opinions necessarily reflect my own. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt