Galentine’s Day Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Well, ladies, Valentine’s Day is just about here and if you’re like me (aka single), you want to take this day to show your gal pals that you appreciate them. You don’t need to have a boy to celebrate Valentine’s Day when you’ve got great friends by your side. Here are some gift ideas for every type of gal in your life!

For the Artistic Friend:

Adult coloring book

When the stress from school and applying for jobs/internships has gotten to you, what better way to de-stress than to relive the good old days when you spent your days coloring? Whether your friend is the next Picasso or her artistic ability is equal to that of a three-year-old, she’ll thank you when she needs a break from studying for midterms! (If you’re feeling generous, throw in a pack of colored pencils and a pencil pouch!)

A map print of her favorite city

Evelyn Henson is an artist who believes in living a “brightly decorated life.” Her original artwork and prints are SO cute and would make a great addition to any dorm room or apartment. Her map series is especially cute — she has 50+ prints of cities all around the world, so you’ll be sure to find a city your friend loves!

For the Scentsational Friend:

Candles

If your friend is living in a dorm or apartment where they’re permitted, you can never go wrong with candles. Choose from a wide variety of scents and she’ll definitely appreciate this when she wants to take time to relax! Plus, even when they’re not in use, candles are a great decoration!

Perfume

Perfume can be very expensive, but travel size perfumes make the perfect gift! If you’re unsure of her favorite fragrance, take a guess or purchase a simple, classic scent. Two of my favorites are Burberry Brit and Kate Spade Live Colorfully.

For the Beauty Guru:

Lipstick/gloss kit

What girl doesn’t like to try out new makeup products? It’s a big commitment to spend precious money on products that you’ve never tried before. Luckily, Ulta, Sephora, and other makeup stores have so many different little gift sets, including the one linked above from BareMinerals. It comes with a blush AND a lip gloss for just $10! What’s not to love about that?!

Nail polish set

These individual bottles are pretty tiny, but who has ever actually used a full bottle of nail polish before it got all dried out and sticky? Sets like these allow for the trial of a variety of different colors!

For the Fitness Fanatic:

S’well Water Bottle

If you’re anything like me, you hate when your water bottle can’t keep your water cold for a long time, no matter how many ice cubes you use! This insulated bottle keeps your drinks at the right temperature, whether you’re using it for water or coffee. If your friend essentially lives at the gym, this is the perfect gift for her. Who doesn’t enjoy an ice cold glass of water after a long workout?

Gym Bag

If you’re going to work out, may as well work out in style, right? On a gym day, it’s hard to fit your laptop, textbooks, notebooks, AND gym clothes in a backpack, so for those avid gym-goers, some sort of extra bag is necessary.

For the Coffee Drinker:

Monogram Mug

Chances are, your gals LOVE coffee — I mean, who doesn’t? Personalized coffee mugs are such a cute and thoughtful gift, and when she uses it, she’ll be thinking of you with each sip she takes.

Travel Mug

For the gal on-the-go, this is the perfect gift! Whether she’s got a long car ride, or has a full day of class or work ahead of her, she won’t be able to survive without coffee, therefore, a travel mug is essential.

For the Wine Lover:

Set of Wine Glasses

It’s always nice to have a nice set of wine glasses for when you have a girl’s night in every once in awhile. This set is adorable and has cute, wine-related quotes painted on them!

Big Wine Glass or Vino 2 Go Cup

No explanation needed.

Pictures: 1, 2

Emily Kearns is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh. She is pursuing a dual major in Communication and Business, along with a certificate in Digital Media.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt