Fall 2017 Fashion Trends That Are Actually Cute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Every spring and fall fashion designers scurry to the runways around the world with their newest garments on hand and an army of models ready to show them off.  Sometimes we see trends that make us think Oh! I want that! and other times we are left completely perplexed by what people consider “fashion.” This month, models have been strutting for fashion week all around the world, showcasing some seriously hot trends and making us want to whip out our wallets.  Here are some of fashion week’s trends that are actually cute enough to wear! 

Ruby Reds all day  

One of the fiercest colors we’re going to be seeing all fall season is red.  Red shoes, jackets, skirts, and even hats.  Some of the best reds came from Givenchy, Fendi, Oscar De La Renta, and Armani.  Sometimes we are a little hesitant to break out the bolds in real life, but this season it’s time to get red! 

On the Runway: 

On You:

70s Plaid, Baby

Some trends we hope to never see again, like colored jeans and spaghetti straps over t-shirt, but other trends come back for a reason! 70’s plaid may seem old school, but it can be styled really well and let you stand out from the crowd. Bottega, Stella McCartney, and Chloé did 70’s plaid justice this year.

On the Runway:

On You:

Midi Skirts are Fun

Mid-length skirts used to be something that you thought only Pilgrims and your grandmother wore. Not anymore! Midi skirts have been making a comeback over the past few seasons, and that trend continues to shine in this fall. These skirts are great for days when you’re not feeling pants, but don’t want to be cold in a mini skirt. Some of the best looks for Fall Fashion Week came from Gabriela Hearst, Valentino, and Carolina Herrera.

On the Runway:

On You:

If you’re trying to reinvent your style and wardrobe this fall season, take some of these fashion week trends to get you started!

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt