Easy April Fools’ Pranks to Try on Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

April Fools’ Day may be over, but that doesn’t mean the pranking must come to a stop. It can be hard to come up with funny pranks to play that are cost-effective and timesaving. Here are 10 easy pranks you can play on your friends and roommates.

1. Change the language settings on their devices. Instructions for Apple products can be found here.

2. Cover a bar of soap with clear nail polish. This will prevent it from lathering. You can also try this on the tips of pens and pencils, so they won’t be usable.

3. Leave an overturned cup lying around with a note that there’s a huge bug trapped in it. If you’re extremely dedicated, you can put a hole in the side of the cup to make it appear that whatever was trapped chewed its way out and is now on the loose.

4. Surprise your friends with a box of donuts that you’ve filled with vegetables.

5. Tape down the sink sprayer. Use a rubber band or tape to hold down the trigger of a sink sprayer, so the next person who turns on the water gets sprayed. Instructions for using tape can be found here.

6. Tape balloons to one side of a door so they pop against the wall when opened. Instructions can be found here.

7. If you live together, swap a coffee addict’s coffee for decaf in the morning.

8. Replace Oreo creams with toothpaste. To avoid suspicion, I’d suggest getting one of the larger, re-sealable packages and leaving it half-empty in the open. Instructions can be found here.

9. Fake a milk splatter. This prank needs some prep time, but as long as your victim doesn’t destroy your “milk” splatter, you can reuse it multiple times throughout the day. Instructions can be found here.

10. Borrow an item of clothing from a friend and return it stained with disappearing ink.

Photo Credit: 1 (Author’s own), 2, 3, 4

I'm a Classics and English major in my sophomore year at the University of Pittsburgh. I'm most commonly found attempting to simultaneously knit and read or write.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt