pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Dear Seniors of Pitt,

I want to thank you. I want to thank you for giving me guidance when I was a freshman and for showing me the ropes. I want to thank you for helping me find my first semester classes when I couldn’t even find my way from Towers to the Cathedral. I want to thank you for showing me the Pitt football cheers when all I knew was “hail to Pitt!” I want to thank you for not looking down on me as a first-year, but rather looking at me as a mentee.

I don’t think you realize how much you changed my life for the better. I was afraid to speak my mind before you showed me what acceptance looked like. You helped me to become someone with her own opinions, own mind and own style. You never judged me, you never teased me, you never yelled at me. You loved. You loved me and this campus so well that it will feel empty without you here.

You’re about to graduate and start a new adventure. You might go to graduate school in another state or start a job in another city. You may not even know what you are doing after graduation. That’s ok. You made an everlasting impact on me and this university. I don’t have any doubt that you’ll make an even bigger impact on the world.

College can be a tough four years for a lot of people and you did it! You are part of the small percentage in the world who can say they conquered college and got a degree to show for it. It was hard at times and I know there were moments you wanted to give up. When life gets tough and student debt is knocking on your door and you hate your job: remember how you smiled and pushed on through finals week eight times! Remember you juggled a job, clubs and classes all at once, and still managed to smile at the end of the week. This is no different and the tough times will pass.

I will miss you coming over with wine when a boy broke my heart. I will miss screaming with you at football and basketball games. I will miss watching Netflix shows with you during the week and partying with you until the wee hours during the weekend. I will miss gossiping over boys and complaining to you about how much classes suck. I will miss you only being ten minutes away from me.

This chapter in your life is ending. Our friendship will look a little different. But that doesn’t mean I won’t be a phone call away because I will. If someone breaks your heart, I’ll be on the first flight or train to come see you as soon as I can. When life gets rough and you feel like giving up, remember how far you’ve come. Remember I am always here.

When you feel like taking a break, remember you always have a home to come back to.

Love,

The students from Pitt

Photo Credit: Author’s own (1&2), 3

Attending the University of Pittsburgh and just choosing to be happy every single day! :)
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt