Cute Date Ideas for the Warm Weather in Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Picnic at Schenley

One date that’s timeless is a classic picnic outside. Pack a basket full of you and your S.O.’s favorite food and take a stroll down to Schenley Park (or wherever your favorite green spot is) and just enjoy the weather and each other. Bonus points if you bring a speaker to play music or a camera to take cute photos of the scenery and each other.

The Point

Located in downtown Pittsburgh, all you have to do is hop on the 65, 67, or 69 bus and go down there. The Point is a great place for photos, a picnic, or just to sit by the water and talk. Going to the Point is a great excuse to leave campus and to explore the downtown area, as well as take in scenic views of Heinz Stadium and Mount Washington.

Randyland

A colorful house and garden full of oddity’s in the Northside, Randyland is the perfect place to go on a sunny day. Free to the public, you can explore the various things Randy, the owner, has collected over the years, and if you’re lucky enough you may get to hear one of his famous inspiring speeches if he’s on location.

Phipps

Phipps Conservatory, even though it’s open year round, is more beautiful than ever in the sunshine. Take a stroll and admire the beautiful flowers, plants, and even butterflies! The outside sections will be in bloom and you’ll be able to enjoy the quaint, outdoor Bonsai garden. Bring your camera as well and make sure to take photos of all the beautiful sights, including each other.

Strip District Food Tour

‘Burgh Bits and Bites holds a tour in the Strip District at the historic market place. You can walk around while enjoying various types of eats and specialties. The delicious food and beautiful weather makes this a perfect date, as you can enjoy the tastes, sights, and smells of the city and each other.

Pirates Game

Baseball games are always a perfect spring activity, as the season starts the excitement is at an all-time high. Make sure to check out the Pittsburgh Pirates and hang out at the stadium while looking out over the beautiful river and city. There’s nothing better than sitting back, relaxing, and watching a classic sport with your S.O., especially if you’re both rooting for the same team.

Photo: 1

Emma is a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh studying communication and political science. She is originally from Wyomissing, Pennsylvania aka Taylor Swift's hometown. In her free time, Emma is a member of Theta Phi Alpha and serves as their junior Panhellenic rep, as well as a member of the Pink Campus Team. She enjoys listening to music, watching movies, reading, writing, and going to the gym.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt