This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

On Sunday, April 13, Pitt Program Council hosted their annual event, “Bigelow Bash,” held on Bigelow Boulevard. Duh.

The weather was absolutely beautiful, climbing to a sweltering 82 degrees, and properly defrosting us from this winter chill. I got there around 12:30 and the crowd was already lining up. Scoring a tiny sliver of space in the front row of the left side, the opening band was sound checking. The Alcohols, a Pitt-based band, were the winners of PPC’s “Battle of the Bands.” Asking the crowd to stick up a middle finger for a picture, the band began to play their set composed of originals with lyrics such as “coffee, beer, and weed brought me to my knees.” The band sang about what we all know best: how not to die in college.

The next act was a New York based band, MisterWives. Composed of 5 dudes and one awesome lady (clever name, eh?) the band rocked originals with a badass cover of “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” the 80s ode to embracing your femininity by the original, fun, and fearless female, Cyndi Lauper. Mandy Lee, the lead singer, joked with the crowd, asking if any of them wanted to come up and sing because she had a “sh-t sore throat.” Sore throat or not, her Hayley Williams/Ellie Goulding sounding voice rocked the stage. With a dynamite front woman and silly band members, the group definitely gained a few new fans.

Following them was their tour mates The Mowgli’s, an act out of LA, singing about the greatest power—love. With a solid California-sound, the band head-bobbed and tambourine danced their way across the stage. More known than the previous acts, fans danced, sang, and cheered at the end when MisterWives’s trumpet and saxophone player came out for their final song. I felt the love, man.

Finally, but definitely not least, Mr. Sex-On-Legs, alternatively titled Cal Shapiro, known more as his alias of 1/2 Timeflies, took the stage. His “beat man” Rob Resnick head bopped and hyped Cal up in the back behind his mixing table equipped with water and a not-so-suspicious red Solo cup that was being chased with a Red Bull. Soooo not suspicious, guys.

Cal rapped while thrusting his hips, and just rocked his sexy self into the souls of screaming girls all over Oakland. Taking snippets of well-known songs, like Under The Sea from the Little Mermaid, Cal rapped about things like success, his fan base, and sex. Emphasis on the sex, with lyrics like “darling it’s better, I’ll get you wetter, under the sea,” and “I’m glad you came, I’m glad you came… I just came.” So, lots of sex.

However, the highlight was definitely when Taylor, the special events director, handed him a paper with terms and definitions involving Pittsburgh and Oakland and the dude free styled about Oakland. Within SECONDS he was RAPPING about SORRENTOS and ANTOONS off the TOP OF HIS HEAD. It was magical. And amazing. And oh-so-talented. And in a weird way, really hot? Who knew rapping about football teams and fake IDs at Mi Ranch would make me swoon?

Check out the video of his freestyle here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyrz5i8Y2jA

All, in all, it was an amazing show, and though I wasn’t a fan before, I definitely am now. I guess it helps that he’s really hot. Have I mentioned the guy’s, like, smoking? He can sing, rap and is also an absolutely amazing performer. But he’s also very, very hot. Just saying.

Thanks, Pitt Program Council for an awesome event! Can’t wait until next year.

Check out our Instagram video of his set!

http://instagram.com/p/mvoKEvyIf5/

Photo Credits: Pitt Program Council Twitter, Student Lexi Surunis, Student Kelly Cressman, and the Author.

Video Credit: Pitt student Chrissy D’s Youtube channel

Entertainment Editor, Her Campus Pitt @abbystubenbort i like bands & boybands & burritos & pop culture
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt