Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Pitt Archives

Communication: The Key to Catching Your Crush

By Emily Baric Tarnow
March 28, 2013 - 8:00pm

Let’s just lay the cards on the table: the “chase” is the most fun part of a relationship. The ongoing wonder of whether he’s thinking of you, whether she’s telling her friends about you and what they think, or whether they want to talk to you as much as you do—this is where the spark all originates from. Well, there is no denying that this pre-relationship time is the most exciting part, but there is a fine line between playing “hard to get” and playing it all wrong. It all has to do with communication; every form of it. Communication: READ MORE

Alex Riccardi Shows off Her HC Pitt Style

By Ally Stevens
March 28, 2013 - 3:00pm

Our very own writer, junior English/Comm major, Alex Riccardi is featured today. Her plaid Free People button up and leather boots make for a great spring combo with all of this rain! READ MORE

Meet John Cordier '14

By Nahja Martin
March 28, 2013 - 10:00am

Campus Cutie: John Cordier Year: Junior Major: Biology and Sociology Relationship Status: Single   HC: Tell me a little bit about yourself. READ MORE

Delta Phi Epsilon Presents: Deepher Dude

By Katie Piscopio
March 27, 2013 - 11:02pm

Come join the sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon for their annual Deepher Dude event!  With all proceeds benefitting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, this year’s Deepher Dude features nine males from different fraternities on campus who will compete in three different rounds: swimsuit, talent, and formal wear- which features the interview section. READ MORE

Confessing on the Computer

By Cydney Miller
March 27, 2013 - 8:00pm

Following the introduction of @Pittmakeouts, Pitt now has the Facebook page Pitt Crushes (unaffiliated with the Twitter account @PittCrushes) and Twitter’s @PittConfessions. Basically these pages allow Pitt students, and others, to bare it all with complete anonymity. Sometimes the posts are funny and obviously a joke, sometimes they are cute, sometimes they are creepy, and sometimes they are downright annoying. We even got a mention for one of our own Her Campus Charmers for Charity MCs. You have to wonder which posts are true, though, and which posts are just jokes. That might be why it has gained so much popularity—the outrageous things people post just might be real. READ MORE

In the Know: The 20/20 Experience

By Nikki Abban
March 27, 2013 - 3:00pm

Whether you know Justin Timberlake from N*SYNC, Friends with Benefits, or from the Facebook founding movie The Social Network, most can agree that he is a heck of an entertainer. MTV news, the Huffington Post, and Rolling Stone magazine are all talking about the release of Justin’s new album The 20/20 Experience. Justin has released two other solo albums: Justified in 2002 and FutureSex/LoveSounds in September of 2006 which sold over 10 million copies worldwide; and had everyone all for JT. READ MORE

The Best of Tina Fey: 18+ Gifs and Pics To Remind Us Just Why She Kicks Ass

By Katie Crivellaro
March 27, 2013 - 10:00am

After writing…and rewriting this article countless times, I think it’s safe to say that Tina Fey is kind of indescribable. You might look at the 30 Rock star as just a hilarious comedian with a knack for impersonating our favorite politician (to make fun of), Sarah Palin, but look a little closer and you’ll see that Fey is more than a pair of thick-rimmed glasses. This active feminist is a spokesperson for girls all around the nation and teaches us ladies what being a go-getter is all about. Paving the way by getting her way (ya know, Fey was the first female writer for SNL, HOLLA), Fey is a perfect role model for young women…she never fails to remind us that we can get anywhere we want in life by remembering, well, that bitches get shit done....

Steubenville Rape Case: Victim Blaming

By Danielle Fox
March 26, 2013 - 8:00pm

On March 17th, 17-year-old Trent Mays and 16-year-old Ma’lik Richmond of Steubenville High School were declared guilty of raping a 16-year old female. Mays was also charged with distributing a photo containing a nude minor. Both boys may be detained in a juvenile jail until they turn 21, and will be placed on the registered sex offenders’ list upon completing their sentences. READ MORE

Tricks to Balancing New and Old Friends

By Jennifer Shaheen
March 26, 2013 - 3:00pm

We’ve all heard the line: “College is where you find your real friends.” I agree with that statement! When you leave for college, you’re on your own for the first time and you’re thrown into a school with brand new faces where no one knows your name. You start fresh, meeting people with the same interests and majors. You live with these people and they see you at some of the highest and lowest moments in your life. But what about the friends you’ve known for years, the friends that you’ve gone through the awkward middle school stages with and shared the golden years of high school with? What happens to those friends when you’re at college making all new ones? The answer is to keep a balance between new college friends and old friends from home. ...

10 Unforgettable Books You’ll Love

By Madelyn Kasula
March 26, 2013 - 10:00am

I have been in love with reading since I learned how to do it. I love the smell of books, the way they look on the shelf, and looking through an old book I have read multiple times. I know we are all busy college students, but sometimes we need to take the extra time to relax and read a great book. Here are some of the ones that have changed my life: Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann READ MORE