Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Pitt Archives

Teen Vogue Back To School Saturdays

By Nahja Martin
September 13, 2013 - 11:42am

Ever flip through the pages of Teen Vogue and wish you could own that wardrobe that the beautiful model is wearing? Well...now you can (almost)! Teen Vogue has partnered with Her Campus, and specifically yours truly, Her Campus Pitt, to bring style and beauty to campus! We've got gorgeous items from Burlington Coat Factory, Murad, St. Tropez, Herbal Essences, Hurley, and soooo mcuh more! And here's the best part, it's all for FREE!! Participate in our trivia challanges and you could win some awesome prizes! The only rule is that you MUST have an Instagram account (so our sponsors can see just how happy you are with your new swag!) that is public for at least one month. Not so bad right? READ MORE...

Taking YOLO Too Far: Balancing Your Decisions

By Amanda Corrado
September 12, 2013 - 5:00pm

Another semester of college is ahead, and this is usually the time students start to think about what’s going to be different for them this semester and what kinds of memories are going to stand out years from now when looking back on these four golden years. But when making a decision in college, the lines can become blurred on whether this decision will help or hurt someone in the long run. One of the worst feelings is holding on to regret about an immature decision that was made long ago, and there are few ways to shake that feeling. This may not seem like an important issue at the moment, but during these college years you are finding out more about yourself than ever before. READ...

A New School Year: What to Toss and What to Keep

By Adéla Smehlik
September 12, 2013 - 3:00pm

It’s that time of year again, and no I’m not talking about Pumpkin Spice latte’s seasonal comeback to Starbucks. It is a new school year! Regardless if you’re a freshman who came to school with three caravans full of things you’ll never use, or a senior rolling in with just a mattress, a fan, and your closet, here is a short list of things that I promise you will need: stuff you should definitely keep from last year, things you should definitely buy new, and if you don’t already have them, things you should definitely invest in.  Keep: READ MORE

Jocelyn Kreiser: Keeping It Real

By Stephanie John
September 12, 2013 - 10:00am

Meet Jocelyn Kreiser, this week’s Campus Celeb!  Not only does this lady have it going on (but really), she really does Keep It Real.  Jocelyn is a senior here at Pitt, and she’s completing a major in Communication Science & Disorders with a minor in Social Work, a certificate in American Sign Language, and a certificate in Africana Studies.  With all of these accomplishments under her belt, she aspires to be a Speech Pathologist and work with children.  Jocelyn also studied abroad this summer in Tanzania! READ MORE

Miley Cyrus is Doing Nothing Wrong

By Ward McMasters
September 11, 2013 - 8:00pm

Only a few years ago it seemed unlikely that a hit Disney Channel show would be the venue for a controversial crossover career into hip-hop. Yet just a few weeks ago, America witnessed Miley Cyrus perform an innuendo-laden performance of her hit song “We Can’t Stop” on the MTV Video Music Awards. This performance, along with her recent behavior has sparked intense criticism, mostly regarding her use of an overtly sexual form of dancing popularly referred to as “twerking.” This is not the only criticism, however. She has also been lambasted for her drug use and musical appropriation of black culture. This criticism is not only unfair and unwarranted, but also culturally ignorant and sexist. READ MORE...

A Patriotic Fashionista Honors September 11th

By Claire Peltier
September 11, 2013 - 6:00pm

In honor of September 11th, Meghan Sansoni ('14) rocks a fashionable, all-American ensemble.  Meghan is wearing a navy and white striped tee with navy shorts from J-Crew.  To add red to her look, Meghan chose a bold red necklace from Forever 21.  We love her patriotic style!  READ MORE

Teen Vogue Trunk Show

By Kate Bilash
September 11, 2013 - 3:00pm

Join Her Campus Pitt as we partner with Teen Vogue to bring you: SWAG, SWAG, AND MORE SWAG! Teen Vogue Trunk Show Friday, September 13th 1:30-4pm Union Lawn READ MORE

What I Learned (And You Can Too!) From Being A Camp Counselor

By Katie Piscopio
September 11, 2013 - 10:00am

This past summer, I decided that it wasn’t time to grow up yet. I may be in college, I may finally not need my parents’ signature on paperwork, but I wasn’t ready to give up on a summer of fun. Therefore, I was not going to get an internship; but instead I would work at a summer camp. READ MORE

Living With Friends, Keeping the Peace

By Madelyn Kasula
September 10, 2013 - 7:00pm

I have been in all sorts of living situations since my first year at Pitt, (haven't we all?) for example, freshman year I lived in a quad in Holland, then sophomore year I stayed in a one-bedroom apartment, and quickly learned that was far too expensive. Junior year I lived in a house with three friends, and—finally—I moved in with my boyfriend who has been around to witness all of these interesting relocations. However, that is a story for a different time. READ MORE

How to rock the Top Trends of NYFW AW13

By Mavis Salomon-Lowden
September 10, 2013 - 3:00pm

New York Fashion Week is back! They may be attacking next year’s spring and summer clothes since the fashion scene is always two seasons ahead, but for now we are focusing on fall and winter fashion.   Trend: ‘90’s Girl Grunge is back and with a force. Plaid, jeans, leather, beanies, and more plaid are taking over the runways. Our Take On It: READ MORE