Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Pitt Archives

Top 10 Funniest Movie Quotes

By Amanda Corrado
April 3, 2013 - 10:00am

Every generation holds a handful of quotes from some of the funniest movies of their time that they can proudly whip out at any given moment to cause a huge wave of laughs around them. Back in the day, the biggest quote used to be “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” from Gone with the Wind. Now, we love our classic Mean Girls, She’s the Man and Bridesmaids moments where we can turn every situation into a hilarious one with just a few simple words. READ MORE

Talking About Rape Prevention, Not Reaction

By Madelyn Kasula, Jen Walsh
April 2, 2013 - 8:00pm

First, we would like to thank all of our peers who cooperated in our efforts to find out exactly what is being taught to young people regarding rape. Rape is a personal and sensitive topic, but we find that’s why it is so important to talk about.  READ MORE

Judy Ugwuegbu: Class of 2015, Second Year Pharmacy Student

By Amanda Corrado
April 2, 2013 - 3:00pm

Meet the ever lovely, Judy! This fabulous role model is currently my RA. She has helped me with so many tough situations and inspires me to always remember that everything happens for a reason. She is a remarkable motivator and encourages everyone to work for their goals. I sat down with her to gain some more insight and she gave some awesome advice!   Her Campus: What is the greatest impact Pitt has had on you? READ MORE

Party Themes To Go All Out For!

By Amanda Corrado
April 2, 2013 - 10:00am

Trying to stray away from generic, overdone party themes? 80’s theme is so simple and yet so typical that it’s nice to switch it up a bit sometimes and have fun with a totally different theme. Check out these theme ideas where you just gotta go all out! READ MORE

How To Protect The Goods

By Emily Baric Tarnow
April 1, 2013 - 8:00pm

Have you ever walked home alone in the dark, ready to jump at the first sound you hear? Everybody feels that way every once in awhile, even if you feel like you’re in a ‘safe area.’ Well the truth is, technically there is no ‘safe area’ because anything can happen at any instance. You may end up in the wrong place, at the wrong time, around the wrong people, and although I can say that our campus has an excellent police force and tries its best to protect us, there is no absolute guarantee. That’s where I come in. READ MORE

Home-Sweet-Hell

By Katie Crivellaro
April 1, 2013 - 3:00pm

Taking an hour-long bubble bath, eating a home-cooked meal, lying on the couch with your four-legged friend curled at your feet – these are the joys of coming home for break. On the long awaited drive toward your freedom from exams, readings, and schoolwork, you think of the high school friends you’ll see, the time you’ll spend with your family, and the relief of not having to wake up for that dreadful 8 AM lab. READ MORE

7 Fun Activities to do in Pittsburgh This Spring

By Katie Piscopio
April 1, 2013 - 10:00am

When the sun peeps through the clouds and the snow begins to melt, Pittsburgh can actually be a warm, colorful city (yes, it’s not always grey, I promise).  It may be hard to picture a day where it’s not raining, snowing, or cloudy in Pittsburgh; but, during the spring and summer, there are plenty of nice days to soak up the sun and just relax.  A city with a multitude of different neighborhoods, attractions, and scenery, Pittsburgh has plenty of cool and fun things to do with your friends, alone, or with your significant other during those sunny days where you just can’t be inside.  Check out these fun and interesting places that you can visit for a reasonable price! READ MORE

Cameron Roeback: Pitt Freshman and Screenwriting Competition Finalist!

By Monica Khan
March 29, 2013 - 6:30pm

Imagine entering 12 pages of script into a screenwriting competition, and then finding out you’ve won $30,000 and that your script is being turned into a short film… your freshman year of college. This fantasy may become a reality for Pitt’s own, Cameron Roeback. READ MORE

5 Study Abroad Tips I Wish Someone Told Me

By Jasmine Johnson
March 29, 2013 - 3:00pm

I studied abroad in London this past summer for six weeks, and it was the most rewarding experience of my life. I had an amazing internship with a political party, traveled all over England and Europe, and made some amazing friends. I also learned a lot about myself and gained the courage to step out of my comfort zone. Still, despite my experience, there are so many things that I wish I knew before I traveled abroad that I’d like to share. So, here are five tips that will make your experience even more amazing than it would have been without them: READ MORE

The Pros and Cons to Coffee

By Jennifer Shaheen
March 29, 2013 - 10:00am

My addiction started at a young age. It began with just sneaking small sips out of my mother’s mug. It then led to my mother brewing me my own cup, and now it’s grown to three cups a day; black with one sugar. Hello everyone, my name’s Jennifer and I am addicted to coffee. College students are no strangers to coffee. In fact, it may pump through most of our veins. You have one friend tell you coffee is unhealthy and you have another friend telling you it boosts brainpower. I’d like to believe the latter, but I wanted to find the truth out for myself! It turns out that there are both Pros and Cons to drinking coffee. READ MORE