Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Pitt Archives

Making Peace with Stress

By Tara Takoushian
March 7, 2013 - 10:00am

We are all told from the very first day of freshmen year, “You need to take serious classes, get a good GPA, get internships, be involved, get leadership experience, and most importantly, major in something that will get you a job.” While every aspect of this is true, there’s another side that people might not tell you. READ MORE

A Guy's Response to the HC Pitt Body Count Debate

By Dave Rosenthal
March 6, 2013 - 9:00pm

I must admit, reading Her Campus has quickly become one of my favorite pastimes. Whether it’s scanning the “Campus Cuties” section to see if any of my fraternity brothers have recently made the site (Note: Andy King, David Dupra), or seeing the accolades of articles that pop up in my Facebook feed, I can’t help but see why there is such a buzz around this online periodical. I am, by my own account, oblivious to a lot of things when it involves the opposite gender. Maybe it’s a lack of observation or a lack of understanding, but reading Her Campus has certainly helped me in some regard to this issue. Recently, I read an article that actually sparked a lot of debate amongst my group of friends. ...

Truths Behind Picture Perfect Body Images

By Jennifer Shaheen
March 6, 2013 - 5:00pm

I believe in the whole “fake it 'till you make it” motto. Even when I don’t feel exceptionally confident, I try to act like I am! Believe me though, there are days when I don’t want the world to see me; days when I just want to shut everyone out and stay snuggled in bed with my Netflix account. I don't feel confident, attractive, or stylish enough to go out and interact with people. Negative body image can bring me down. Nearly everyone, at some point in their life, suffers from their own negative perception of themselves. READ MORE

It’s Never Sunny in Pittsburgh, PA.

By Danielle Fox
March 6, 2013 - 3:00pm

READ MORE

Stand for Freedom!

By Becca Nock
March 6, 2013 - 10:00am

Who: Panther International Justice Mission Panther International Justice Mission is the campus chapter of International Justice Mission at Pitt. It was founded to “help the work of IJM and stop the violation of human rights around the world.” IJM’s mission is “to rescue thousands, protect millions, and prove that justice for the poor is possible.” What: Stand for Freedom: 27 Hours, 27 Million Join Panther IJM as they take turns standing for 27 hours to represent the 27 million slaves in the world today. READ MORE

The Ex Factor

By Nikki Abban
March 5, 2013 - 9:00pm

READ MORE

5 Ways to Relieve your Spring Semester Stress

By Katie Piscopio
March 5, 2013 - 3:00pm

We’ve all been there: it’s one week away from spring break, you have four midterms, two papers due, and to top it off, your usual weekly homework assignments.  You’re starting to get annoyed with the people around you, and you’re just ready to get home and have a nice week off.  When school gets stressful, it’s hard to stop yourself from a) crawling into a hole b) stress eating everything in sight or c) looking at your wall and deciding if it’s a good one to punch.  College is a lot harder than it’s made out to be, but by keeping your stress levels down, you’ll head home in the spring with your sanity still intact.  Here are some tips on how to beat the spring semester stress you’re facing: ...

DIY Skin Care the College Girl Way

By Madelyn Kasula
March 5, 2013 - 10:00am

We all love finding and creating luxurious at-home concoctions to put on our skin when we are breaking out, getting dry winter skin, or just really bored. However, for every wonderful do-it-yourself skincare pin you find on Pinterest, there are a hundred that could end horribly. I have seen skin rubbed raw, dyed a slightly blue color (it was temporary!), and many other unnatural things; I have been scarred forever from some of these experiences. Coming from a woman who claims to have the most sensitive skin on the planet, whatever doesn’t make my skin feel like one of the fiery pits of Hell will probably make yours feel great. See how much pain I went through for y’all? READ MORE

Confident vs. Clingy

By Emily Baric Tarnow
March 4, 2013 - 8:00pm

“A guy as a rock is good; a guy as a crutch is bad.” Let me start by saying that this article is not specifically aimed at single girls. In fact, it’s not aimed specifically at girls at all. This issue concerns anyone and everyone, boys and girls alike, whether you’re in a relationship or single. The issue at hand is self-confidence. Confidence in yourself. Confidence in your dreams. Confidence in your talents and in your success. Seems simple, right? Wrong. There are so many people out there who not only rely on, but also cannot be without their significant other. On the other hand, maybe they’re single, but are CONSTANTLY looking for a new beau. READ MORE

What are your plans for Spring Break?

By