Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Pitt Archives

Handling Rejection 101

By Amanda Corrado
March 19, 2013 - 8:00pm

The moment has finally arrived. You’re sitting at your laptop, checking the time every .2 seconds, just sweating the minutes away waiting for your acceptance e-mail. All of a sudden, a bold unread email pops onto your screen, and you can barely move your fingers the inch to click it. This is the dream job you’ve been praying for; the job you went through the interview process for weeks for, and worked so hard at achieving – and it all comes down to this e-mail, stating whether or not you’ve made it. Your eyes quickly scan the entire page for some instant hint of an answer, only to find that one, heartbreaking sentence: “We are sorry to inform you…” READ MORE

Getting Down and Dirty: Meet PWRFC!

By Kate Bilash
March 19, 2013 - 3:00pm

Ever around campus and see a bunch of girls walking around covered in bruises? Or even with the occasional black eye? No, these girls did not get into a fight outside Boots on Friday night, they are members of the Panther Women’s Rugby Football Club! A club team here at Pitt since 2002, these girls have accomplished a lot throughout the years, even being nationally ranked last year. Having the privilege to know some of these girls personally, I can tell you that this is a great team to be part of. Work hard, play hard – that’s definitely their motto. PWRFC is a great way to meet friends for life and get more involved here at Pitt. READ MORE

Greek Sing 2013

By Alex Riccardi
March 19, 2013 - 11:00am

Like to sing and dance but would rather watch others on stage than be up there yourself? Come out to Greek Sing 2013 and watch the greek organizations amaze the audience with a ten-minute self-choreographed dance routine that they have been working on since December. The Field House will be filled with all organizations around campus and is the 2nd largest philanthropy event of the year! All of the money raised will go towards the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Every year this competition gets fierce and is something everyone should see at least once during their time at Pitt. So, Friday afternoon, get off your couch, walk up the hill and don’t miss a beat!   Photo...

Beating the Winter Blues with a Spring Closet Revamp

By Alice Gallagher
March 19, 2013 - 10:00am

Have you found yourself lusting over your warm weather wardrobe? Reminiscing on the days of denim shorts, flowy sundresses, and strappy sandals? With the official commencement of the spring season less than three weeks away and a prediction of an early spring from the ever-reliable Punxsutawney Phil, there is a glimmer of hope, my fellow frigid friends! Anxiously awaiting spring’s arrival, I have compiled three ways to use clothing as a pick-me-up while we endure the last few weeks of gloomy weather.   1) Vibrant Colors READ MORE

What's your favorite study spot on campus?

By

Touch Me Here, Don't Touch Me There

By Stephanie John
March 18, 2013 - 8:00pm

When it comes to having a good experience in the bedroom, it has occurred to many that there’s not a lot of open banter amongst women, or by women, about what they like.  Recently, I came across the September issue of Cosmopolitan magazine and there was an article about the 25 moves that men want their women to do with them in bed.  The article titled “25 Sex Moves He Wishes You’d Use” comprised a list of the 25 things that a group of guys said that they wish their partners would do, and they did not hold back. READ MORE

The Top Apps You NEED On Your Phone NOW!

By Mavis Salomon-Lowden
March 18, 2013 - 3:00pm

When people think of spring cleaning, they think of donating winter clothes and cleaning every square inch of their house. I, on the other hand, being the technology-loving person I am, think of clearing out the apps on my iPhone that I don’t use and replacing them with the hottest apps to date.  Most people haven’t downloaded a new app since getting Draw Something or Words With Friends. This is understandable; between studying and going out and pretending you are planning your future, it’s difficult to look for the coolest apps. I am here to help. READ MORE

Spread the Word to End the Word

By Tara Takoushian
March 18, 2013 - 10:00am

On March 6 the international campaign, “Spread the Word to End the Word” took off once again.  Each year, Special Olympics and Best Buddies International asks people all over the world to sign a pledge to stop using the word ‘retard(ed).’  Here are a few reasons why you should also pledge: READ MORE

The 7 Deadly Sins: College Edition

By Katie Crivellaro
March 8, 2013 - 8:00pm

Capital vices, the cardinal sins – call them whatever you like. Students across the nation are falling victim to a seven-series trap, enrapturing them with their lethal grip. The 7 deadly sins are keeping hold of college kids everywhere, turning hardworking students into egotistical, greedy, manipulative, insatiable, lazy, jealous, sex-crazed maniacs! To avoid these vices and learn about how you’re probably re-enacting every single one of them, read ahead… and remember once you lay victim to one, you may lay victim to all! READ MORE

Sophomore Vanessa DiBello is T.J. Maxx-ed Out!

By Ally Stevens
March 8, 2013 - 3:00pm

Vanessa DiBello, sophomore media & professional communication major, is a Maxxinista and proud of it! She's wearing all T.J. Maxx attire, including her cute casual booties that are perfect for Pittsburgh's indecisive weather. READ MORE