All You Need to Know About Pitt Campus Reps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

What kind of job lets you work flexible hours, represent a company you love, and host cool events on campus (not to mention add a great chunk of experience to your resumé)?

Being a Campus Representative.

There are tons of companies all across the country that hire (and sometimes even pay) college students to publicize their products on campus, and the job itself reaps tons of benefits. Being a Campus Rep gives you the opportunity to work with your student body, get to know new people, and develop many professional skills in networking and marketing.

The best part? The list of companies is almost endless. If you have a favorite brand that you want to learn more about and represent, check out their website or get in touch with their office to see if they have any representative positions available – you may be surprised with what you find!

Check out these awesome reps we have at Pitt:

Amazon

Galen Hughes

I’m one of two Brand Ambassadors for Amazon Student here at Pitt! Amazon Student is a great program for anyone with an .edu email address. You get an Amazon Prime account for free for six months, and after that it’s only half the cost each year until you graduate. Amazon Student has all the great benefits of Prime, like two day shipping and video streaming, as well as coupons and deals just for college students! Catch me around campus giving out water bottles, blankets, sunglasses, and more!

Apple

Elaine Khodzhayan

Apple has a Campus Representative program that spans all across the country, and this year Pitt was one of the lucky campuses to get a representative position! This program works closely with the University Store to teach workshops, host events, and help students find the device that is right for them. Pop in to the technology department of the University Store to check out the different events going on! If you ever have any questions about upgrading your device, trying to figure out how to use different apps, or even just want to learn more about your Apple product, feel free to reach out!

Email

Bobble

Catherine McNulty

As a representative for Bobble, I educated peers about Bobble water bottles and encourage others to live more sustainably.  The program is built to partner with other organizations on campus and execute marketing missions.  Every representative receives a ton of free stuff including free Bobbles that filter as you drink! I recommend the program to any motivated college student.

Facebook

Boohoo

Jessie Iacullo

Boohoo is a UK-based clothing brand that has teamed up with Her Campus nationals. They have started STYLESQUADS at 15 different campuses across the US, and Pitt is lucky enough to be one of them. I am the social media and marketing manager and I work with Naomi Kliger, who is the PR and Event Planner. We work to spread awareness about Boohoo on Pitt’s campus by hosting events (which will be cool and edgy for the spring, so look out) and by posting flyers, post-its in the library, anything to get the word out! Our Instagram is really awesome, as is our FB page and twitter!

Instagram

Twitter

Facebook

Chipotle

Jordan Dahlstrand

I have been the “Face of Chipotle” since the beginning of last spring semester, so a little over a year now. My job as a Chipotle Student Brand Manager is to create excitement about Chipotle on Pitt’s campus.  This is typically done through distributing the buy-one-get-one free entree cards, through providing clubs with free burritos, and through social media engagement. However, this semester the program is trying something new, and we are not doing any of the feedings. Instead, we are working with our marketing strategists to propose our own social media campaigns for Chipotle. 

Email

Elephant Pants

Catherine McNulty

As a campus Ambassador for The Elephant Pants, I promote the company and encourage others to “help save the elephants.” A big part of the program is uploading photos of yourself in the pants as promotion on their social media pages. This program is perfect for yogis and elephant lovers! 

You can apply here.

Facebook

Instagram

Serengetee

Ellie Foley

I am a campus rep for the clothing company, Serengetee. Every fabric has a different cause that it benefits, and with every purchase, a portion of the proceeds goes back to helping that specific cause. The causes that are paired with the fabrics are causes located all around the world. Serengetee is currently supporting 32 different causes worldwide, and they constantly come out with new patterns and fabrics, especially around the holidays. The patterns that are used by Serengetee are made by local artisans all around the globe, and every time a purchase is made, the money helps local economies. Serengetee is a fantastic way to help benefit the world around you while also staying stylish.

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

Victoria’s Secret PINK

Dani Monaco and Tracy Sloan

As PINK reps, we hold multiple events on campus including floor parties and various giveaway parties. Just recently we held a Pre-Spring Break Party in Nordy’s Place! We had a photo booth, popcorn, snacks, slushies, and multiple giveaways including gift cards, beach towels, and sunglasses!

We are also responsible for handling our PittsburghPINK social media accounts. We do contest giveaways every once in a while just to keep gaining followers.

Twitter

Instagram

Facebook

Photo credits: 1 – Galen, 2 – Jessie, 3 –Jordan, 4 – Ellie, 5 – Dani & Tracy

Elaine is a food loving, FRIENDS watching, Oxford comma enthusiast who has a passion for writing. She is a Business Information Systems and Human Resources Management double major and shares a love for people, languages, and technology. When she isn't experimenting in the kitchen or posting on @AndAChocolateDrizzle, she is either reading, laughing, or venturing through the city on the hunt for the best slice of pizza. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt