8 Things Only Painfully Indecisive People Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Do you have trouble making decisions? Do you have a friend who drives you crazy by refusing to choice anything? Maybe you’ll connect to these struggles that us indecisive folk must handle on the daily.

1. You have to get up extra early just so you have enough time to choose your outfit.

But hey, it’s not your fault that you have seven different dresses that would look PERFECT with your white sandals…or your black vans…or your Sperry’s.

2. You do your hair at least three different ways before you are satisfied enough to leave the house.

And most of the time, you end up deciding you like the first hairstyle best. Yes, I know I wore a ponytail yesterday but I don’t know how that will look with THIS sweater…but maybe a braid would be better?

3. You end up spending 3 hours in the grocery store because you can only afford to buy one pint of ice cream but you can’t decide what flavor.

I usually go for half-baked but maybe I should try and switch it up and get peanut butter cup? But what if that one isn’t as good?

4. Shopping for clothes is an all-day affair.

WHY DOES THIS DRESS COME IN SO MANY COLORS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PICK JUST ONE?

5. Waiting in line for food is nerve-wracking.

You go back and forth between at least four different orders before picking one, even though you second guess yourself when you get to the register.

6. Restaurants are a struggle.

You don’t know what you want to eat so you can’t decide where you want to eat and when you finally DO get somewhere by some miracle, you don’t know what to order. It’s exhausting.

7. Movie night is a nightmare.

I’ll just close my eyes and play the first thing I click on in my queue.

8. Everyone around you knows not to ask you to pick anything (but they secretly love you for it)

If someone DOES ask you to make a choice, you probably whine extra loudly and beg someone else to be the one. But hey, then someone else gets to pick what they want the most! Problem solved.

Image Credit: 1

Hi! I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in communication and nonfiction writing. This is my third year at Her Campus Pitt and my second year as the entertainment category editor! I'm also a chapter advisor this semester! I'm a pizza-loving cat mom with a chronic habit of napping from the Boston area. I enjoy spending time binge-watching netflix, snuggling, reading, writing, cooking, and hanging out with my friends. I'm looking forward to becoming increasingly involved with everything Her Campus over the remainder of the college career! Thanks for reading my articles and always feel free to contact me with feedback :)
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt