freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Reasons Why Having a Cat Is Better Than Having a Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Sometimes, boyfriends are the absolute worst. Why let some boy make you sad when you can have a kitty cat instead? Here’s just a few reasons you should just cut your losses and get a cat.

1. They are ALWAYS cute.

Sure, boys can be adorable sometimes. But a cat can look cute doing anything, even if she’s vomiting all over your new rug or really attentively cleaning her a**.

2. They don’t forget or show up late to dates.

Wine night? Netflix and chill? Home-cooked meal at candlelight? They’re always there and ready to go when you are. No more excuses; your cat will be there even if just to make an appearance to be sure there are no treats waiting around to be eaten.

3. They’re fluffy.

One of the most important parts here, folks. You a fan of cuddling? Like to be snuggled up with bae on a chilly night? You’ve got it, girl. Your cat is way softer than some boy spooning you just so that he can subtly grind into you the whole time.

4. They’re self-sufficient.

No need to worry about your cat going off and doing something idiotic and getting in trouble (as long as they are “fixed”…you don’t want your cat cheating on you with the neighbor’s Tomcat). For the most part, your kitty will be a responsible adult who knows when they’ve drank too much (milk).

5. They don’t mind your drama.

Feel free to dramatically throw yourself on the couch and cry into that soft fur about your problems until you feel better. To be honest, your cat has definitely been more dramatic about much less.

6. They’re easy to please.

Give them some pats, a few random things to bat around the house at lightning speed, and food and your cat will love you forever. Low maintenance is such a blessing.

7. They will take a thousand pictures with you.

No more pressuring bae into taking a decent photo for your next profile picture. You cat is always photogenic and ready with her good side.

8. They will love you unconditionally.

Arguably the most important part of any relationship, your cat doesn’t have “deal breakers.” No matter how many times she bites your toes at night or tracks cat litter all over the house, you know she loves you and you love her, always and forever.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Hi! I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in communication and nonfiction writing. This is my third year at Her Campus Pitt and my second year as the entertainment category editor! I'm also a chapter advisor this semester! I'm a pizza-loving cat mom with a chronic habit of napping from the Boston area. I enjoy spending time binge-watching netflix, snuggling, reading, writing, cooking, and hanging out with my friends. I'm looking forward to becoming increasingly involved with everything Her Campus over the remainder of the college career! Thanks for reading my articles and always feel free to contact me with feedback :)
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt