freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Perfect Places in Pittsburgh to Go on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Whether you’ve been dating for years or a few weeks, or even if you’re single, you’re probably wondering what you will do on Valentines Day. To help you out, I’ve provided a few of the many wonderful places in Pittsburgh to visit on the most love-related day of the year. Whether you’re going with a partner or one of your best friends, you’re guaranteed to have fun!

1. Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens

Phipps is the perfect place for a romantic date or just to hang out. It has thousands of plants, creating the façade of a fairy tale forest as you walk through – not to mention the beautiful lights in the outdoor garden. And if you think it can’t get better than that, it’s free to Pitt students!

2. A Museum

You don’t even have to be an art connoisseur to enjoy one of the many museums Pittsburgh has to offer. There are so many museums that can fit your tastes. Right on Pitt’s campus is the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History. If you’re feeling more abstract, The Mattress Factory and The Andy Warhol museum are a quick bus ride away. Whichever you pick, a trip to the museum can leave you wondering at the beauty of art.

3. Mount Washington/ The Incline

It’s hard to argue that Pittsburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. If you want an even better view of the city, take an incline ride up Mount Washington and watch the city lights sparkle off the river. There are also restaurants on Mount Washington if you wanted to eat before or after sight-seeing, so it basically has everything you need.

4. Point State Park

After you grab dinner downtown, you can also catch a lovely view of the city at the Point. You can have a heartfelt conversation taking a walk along the river front. Plus, Pittsburgh is known for its three rivers, so why not marvel at them on your romantic day?

5. Gateway Clipper Dinner and Cruise

If you really want to go all out, you can schedule a dinner and cruise on the Gateway Clipper. The boat will take you on a romantic journey on the river at night, while providing you with a great meal to boot!

6. Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium

If you love animals, you can always go to the zoo – even in the winter. Also if you’re single, it can make a great place to go with your friends without the romantic ambiance.

7. The Theater

Even if you’re not a theater geek, the theater is a different place you can go if you’re not feeling a movie. Pittsburgh is home to a vibrant theatre community at the Benedum Center, the Byham Theatre, O’Reilly Theater, and many more, so you can likely find a show that catches your interest.

8. Restaurants

And of course, Pittsburgh has a booming restaurant industry. There are a few in Oakland, as well as tons downtown, the North Shore, South Side – you name it! For recommendations, you can go on Yelp and sort by price, type of food, location, and whatever else you desire.

Happy Valentines Day!

Photo Credit1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Kelly is the President/ Campus Correspondent at HC Pitt. She is a senior double majoring in English writing and communication rhetoric while pursuing a certificate in digital media. Writing has always been a passion of hers, and she hopes to work in book publishing and a best-selling author one day. She works as a tutor at Pitt's Writing Center and an intern at Creative Media Agency Inc. In her free time, she works on her novel, reads stacks of books and explores Pittsburgh with her friends.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt