gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Things You’ll Only Understand if You’re Already Dating During Cuffing Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Cuffing season. When the air starts to get cold and you need snuggles, this is the time to get that cuddle buddy. However, if you’ve been in a long-term relationship for awhile, cuffing season can be a bit of a different experience than it is for singles who are ready to mingle. Can you relate to these?

Cheering on your single friends

There’s only one thing more exciting than getting in a relationship, and that is watching your bestie get into one. While they may be happy most of the year with their “single” status, they want that snuggle buddy for the colder days approaching. You spend your evenings stalking potentials on Facebook and drafting texts, anxiously awaiting the replies.

Remembering the honeymoon phase

You see all the cute new couples going on adorable dates and remember when you and your bae were like that. It was all so light and fun before you got really serious. But hey, that’s not necessarily a bad thing!

Vetting potentials with your unbiased eye

You aggressively inspect all possible dates your friend brings to your attention since you already have that special someone. Catching any “red-flags” early can save many tears!

Trying to be like those new couples but failing

You want to try and do those cute things together too, but you always just end up at home in your sweats watching TV and eating pizza. Maybe tomorrow?

Attempting to sympathize with the singles crowd

You try to fit in with your single friends as they commiserate, but everyone knows you’re in a committed and happy relationship already. Let the single ladies unite but continue to show your support!

Being thankful you already did all the work to get your bae

At least you don’t have to go through all those awkward firsts again and wait in order to be comfortable in front of one another. While your friends spend two hours preparing for a date with that new guy you’re already in your pajamas, hair up and chilling with some wine.

Late night chilly snuggles

The best part about having a bae during cuffing season though? You’re already cuffed! So stick your cold toes into the backs of their knees and snuggle up.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Hi! I'm a senior at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in communication and nonfiction writing. This is my third year at Her Campus Pitt and my second year as the entertainment category editor! I'm also a chapter advisor this semester! I'm a pizza-loving cat mom with a chronic habit of napping from the Boston area. I enjoy spending time binge-watching netflix, snuggling, reading, writing, cooking, and hanging out with my friends. I'm looking forward to becoming increasingly involved with everything Her Campus over the remainder of the college career! Thanks for reading my articles and always feel free to contact me with feedback :)
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt