neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Style a Bomber for Fall and Winter Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you are a fan of keeping with the trends, you have probably noticed over the past year that the bomber jacket has developed into an iconic symbol of millennial fashion, both on the runways and on the streets. The best part about these versatile pieces is that they come in a wide variety of colors, designs, sizes and patterns, making your job of finding the right one for your personality effortless. The bomber is something that can easily be constructed into a staple for your closet, especially with the cold weather approaching. Here are five simple ways you can wear a bomber throughout the fall and winter months.

1. The Classic Fall Look

Bombers are great for when you step outside and feel the need for a light jacket. Most bombers are made of a thin material so they are perfect for keeping you warm during pumpkin spice latte and apple picking season. Layering the bomber is another great option during fall, because you can pair it with anything from a flannel to a basic white t-shirt.

2. Bomber and Jeans

A great way to wear the jacket when you don’t feel like putting in much effort is to pair it with jeans. Whether they’re skinny, ripped or boyfriend, the bomber completes the look. It’s really easy to look trendy with this duo, and I guarantee you will be turning heads.

3. Dressing It Up

Sometimes you need to take a step back from casual wear and take a risk with an embellished look. The bomber is the ideal way to do that. This works well by pairing an oversized jacket with a fitting skirt or even a pair of heels.

4. Fitness Fever

Although this may be surprising to some, a bomber actually looks great with casual sneakers.  A really clean look comes from a classic pair of white low or high tops, and if you’re going for an extra comfy feel, I’d suggest wearing black Nikes.

5. Fun with Color

Although fall and winter may have you wanting to hibernate in neutral colors for months on end, don’t be afraid to spice up your wardrobe with vibrant hues and patterns. Even adding a little color to your outfit is perfectly acceptable with the help of the bomber.

The best part about the bomber is that it can really be worn with anything and everything in your closet. Be bold and brave and test out different options! Whatever you decide to match it with, it will always look cool and stylish. Get comfortable with the bomber because this trend is definitely here to stay.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt