toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things To Do On Halloween (That Don’t Involve Partying)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Everyone around you starts talking about what they’re dressing up as for Halloween, what parties they want to attend, and everything else to do with partying, and you just start to get tired of it. You’re not one for the partying scene—or maybe you just don’t like the idea of spending thirty dollars you don’t have on a costume just to go to a party—so you need other plans. But there are plenty of other things to do other than party on Halloween. Here they are!

1. Watch Halloween movies

With 13 Nights of Halloween already having started on ABC Family, it’s not hard to watch a Halloween movie. Grab some floor mates, popcorn, Halloween snacks, and some of your favorite Halloween movies (scary or not scary), and have a great night.

2. Carve pumpkins

You may think it’s a bit late to be carving pumpkins, but it can be a fun alternative activity to do to get into the Halloween spirit. Get your roommate to do it with you, and you can have matching pumpkins!

3. Binge eat Halloween candyEveryone’s familiar with the Halloween candy aisle at Walmart (I for sure know it well). If you just feel like being alone this Halloween, treat yourself and binge eat candy. I mean c’mon, who can turn down a value pack of Reese’s pumpkins?

4. Hand out candy to drunk partygoers on Forbes

This may seem like a strange idea, but if you like drunk people watching, this is for you. Not only do you get to watch (and laugh at) the drunk partygoers stumble around Forbes, you can eat candy as you do so.

5. Do different Halloween activities

This can include scary stories, Bloody Mary, Light as a Feather, Ouija boards, or any other Halloween activities from your childhood. You can throw on some Halloween music (The Nightmare Before Christmas album is my go-to choice) and throw your own Halloween party with your floormates, just like you did when you were a kid.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3

Madison is a Sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh and is majoring in Psychology. She enjoys drawing, music, pugs, and fro-yo.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt