4 Reasons Why Fall Is The Most Confusing Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Ahhh fall, the time of year where everyone is running around with pumpkin spice lattes and frolicking through piles of fallen leaves. Oh wait, I forgot this isn’t a Hallmark movie. Here in the ‘burgh, fall is a time of confusing weather patterns and bad hair days. Now don’t get me wrong, I love fall just as much as the next Pumpkin-Spice-Latte-gurgling college student. However, these are just a few reasons why this time of the year is one of the most confusing.  

1. The Ever-changing Weather.  

The weather in Pittsburgh is bipolar at pretty much any time of the year but it seems to me that it is especially bad in the fall. One day it’s a sunny seventy degrees outside and the next it’s raining and thirty degrees. My only advice for this is to dress in layers and to have an umbrella on you at all times. 

2. The Amount of Pumpkin Spice Flavored Things.  

I mean, it’s just gotten a bit ridiculous. It was fine when it was just the lattes, but now anything you could ever dream of comes in a Pumpkin Spice flavor. Let’s all just calm down.  

3. Cuffing Season.  

As someone who is perpetually single, I don’t even really understand what cuffing season is and probably never will. RIP.

4. Figuring out your Halloween Costume.  

There are just too many options. Are you going to be cute? Are you going to be funny? And then once you decide on a costume, the weather is freezing or raining – so it messes up everything anyway.  

Photo Credit: 12345  

Hi there! I'm Abbie and I am double majoring in non-fiction writing and communications at the University of Pittsburgh. My passions include napping and napping some more. On the off chance that I'm not napping, I'm probably somewhere in the library or chilling out with friends.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt