3 Makeup Brushes You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Since high school, I’ve always had a ludicrous collection of makeup brushes. It amazed me to see people with only a few brushes to apply their makeup with, or – help me, Beauty Gods – people who apply all their makeup with only their fingers. If you’re looking to expand your brush collection, think about purchasing these underrated-yet-plenty-useful tools!

1. Fan Brush

Sonia Kashuk® Core Tools Duo Fibre Fan Brush – No 129 ($7, Target.com)

For a long time, the fan brush that came in my Sephora brush set sat untouched in my collection. This tool truly doesn’t get the justice it deserves. These thin brushes have plenty of practical use- brushing away excess product, lightly applying highlighter, blush, or bronzer, and can even be used to evenly apply facemasks.

2. Lip Brush

Bite Beauty Lip Brush ($20, Sephora.com)

Even with a liner, it’s tough to get lip color perfect with tubed lipstick alone. Messy lines and uneven color make lipstick look childish and unsophisticated. Lip brushes are the only way to achieve a precise application. Use one of these with your next bold lip color and see what a difference it makes.

3. Brow Brush

Sonia Kashuk® Kashuk Tools Brow Groomer with Metal Comb – No 14 ($8.39, Target.com)

Do you wear mascara, brow gel or powder? This tool is indispensable. The metal comb can be used when your mascara clumps and there’s not enough time to wipe it off and reapply- something that has definitely proved useful to me. The brow brush is used to smooth and groom eyebrows, particularly before applying a powder or gel.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt