22 Couples Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Halloweekend is hands down the single most important weekend of the year for any social college student. If you chose any day of the year to go out and party, it’s Halloween. And we take our costumes seriously. If you are in a relationship and can actually convince your significant other to dress up with you, you know you have a winner (regardless of whether it’s because he loves Halloween or just loves you). If you are about to take on the town with your love and need some outfit inspiration, here are 22 couple’s costumes you should consider.

1. Tarzan and Jane – What a perfect opportunity to sing “You’ll Be in My Heart” to your significant other. Bonus points if it’s loud and in public. You can either go as jungle Jane or classy Jane.

2. Mario and Princess Peach – Don’t be that boring couple that does Mario and Luigi! Switch it up!

3. The Times Square Kiss – Whenever anyone asks you what you are you have the perfect excuse to get a kiss! Plus, you’ll look adorable.

4. Zombies or skeletons – Screw all the cutesy outfits and be the badass couple! Go as crazy or as tamely as you want.

5. Various Scooby Doo characters – This is a pretty great costume for last minute planners. Get your Scooby and Shaggy or Fred and Daphne outfits together using things from your closet!

6. Regina George and Aaron Samuels – You would look so fetch.

7. JFK and Marilyn/Jackie O. – You can ever rock this one in a group of three, like my friends and I did a few years go.

8. Ariel and Prince Eric – My boyfriend REFUSES to try this one so if you can get yours in on it I have so much respect for you. The way I see it, you get to be the cutest couple on the planet AND you get to look hot!

9. Blue and Steve – You can’t go wrong with channeling your inner child!

10. Link and Zelda – If you can rock this outfit you are literally my inspiration for living and hands down the coolest people in existence.

11. Danny and Sandy – Leather jackets and leather pants, what could be better?

12. Pilot and stewardess – Have your man channel his inner Leonardo DiCaprio from Catch Me If You Can and you basically have the classiest sexy costume of all time.

13. Daenerys and Drogo – George R.R. Martin would be so proud.

14. Charlie Brown and Sally – My friends, who also happen to be the greatest couple ever, totally rocked this one a few Halloweens ago!

15. The Joker and Harley Quinn – Get serious-ly (see what I did there?) into Halloween and kick a** as two of the greatest characters in the DC universe.

16. Really any Super Hero/Villain combination – Enjoy this picture of my best friend and I dueling it out as Batman and the Riddler.

17. A couple from any past decade – You can go classy or funky; it’s all up to you!

18. Hugh Hefner and a Playboy Bunny – You know what they say: if you got it, flaunt it.

19. Firefighter and Dalmatian – Another way to keep it simple and still look adorable!

The final 3 have no pictures and are totally up to your imagination:

20. The couple who dies first in the horror movie – He dresses as a jock, you dress in a skimpier outfit. Make sure you look a little disheveled and splatter yourself with fake blood and tada! You have an affordable and hilarious costume.

21. Shark Week – One of you wears a blood splattered shirt that lists the days of the week, the other is a shark. Boom; you are literally the coolest couple in history.

22. Dress as each other – Don’t like any of these costume ideas? Don’t stress too hard; just steal various items from each other’s closets and call it a day.

Happy Halloween!

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, author’s own, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, author’s own, 15, author’s own, 17, 18, 19

Hi! I'm a junior at Pitt and I finally learned how to pump my own gas (But only at some gas stations - sorry, I'm from Jersey). I'm a big fan of cities, fast cars, alternative music and thinking outside the bun. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt