20 Dates to Take Yourself on in Your 20s 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Your 20s can often be filled with stress with life changing so quickly. Whether you stress about work, school, relationships or any combination of these, it can be a lot. Sometimes you just need to take a day away from other people and focus on you. You might think it’s weird to spend time alone, but sometimes it’s exactly what you need. So treat yo self!

1. A museum 

Art, history, you name it. Museums are a great place to relax and see where your mind wanders.  

2. Explore! 

Go somewhere you’ve never been before. Try that new restaurant, walk down that new trail, go into that new store! 

3. Cook yourself your favorite dinner of guilty pleasure foods 

Most of us worry about our weight at one time or another. Spend one night not worrying! It won’t hurt. Trust me. Grab a cook book, and make yourself your favorite meal! Or try something new that sounds equally delicious. 

4. No technology day 

Go the whole day without your phone and laptop. It may surprise you how freeing it feels. 

5. Go people watching… or talk to them! 

Find a nice spot in at a park or at a coffee shop and see what you observe from others. Or if you’re more daring, spend the whole day trying to talk to strangers. Who knows? You might end up making a new best friend.  

6. Read a good book 

Find your favorite quiet place, and just read! If you need help finding a book, take a chance and explore a library or book store. 

7. Go to a thrift store 

Instead of the typical stores you shop at, explore a local thrift shop. Try things on you would never see yourself wearing. Find yourself some deals! 

8. Never leave the house… or never come back 

Depending on if you spend too much time at home or too much time out and about, spend the whole day indoors, or the whole day outdoors. Switch things up and challenge yourself. 

9. Treat yo self shopping 

You can afford those shoes. Buy yourself a nice dress while you’re at it. You worked hard for that money. 

10. Dress how you want  

Spend the whole day in no makeup and sweatpants. Or get yourself all dolled up if that’s what you enjoy! 

11. Take a road trip 

Plan a day trip to somewhere of your choosing. Or just drive and see where the road takes you.  

12. Have a dance party in your room  

Blast your favorite songs and dance and sing like no one is watching – because no one is! 

13. Go to a pet store and pet the animals 

Dogs and cats are better than people.  

14. Try and spend a day doing as many new things as you can 

This one is simple. If you’ve never done it before, do it! 

15. Sign up for a class 

Learn something new. Try yoga, painting or even a new subject you didn’t get a chance to study.  

16. Have a picnic 

Grab a blanket, your favorite food and a nice grassy spot outside.  

17. Give yourself a makeover 

Go to a spa, put on makeup or get that haircut you’ve always been afraid to get. You deserve it.  

18. Crafting! 

This is your chance to utilize all those Pinterest ideas. Make a scrapbook, a canvas or a new decoration for your room! 

19. Go stargazing 

If the night is clear, lay out and watch the stars. 

20. Pull an all-nighter and see what happens 

This may sound crazy, but try it! You may find yourself doing something creative, finishing that Netflix series, or just doing something you never had time for in the day. 

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

Kelly is the President/ Campus Correspondent at HC Pitt. She is a senior double majoring in English writing and communication rhetoric while pursuing a certificate in digital media. Writing has always been a passion of hers, and she hopes to work in book publishing and a best-selling author one day. She works as a tutor at Pitt's Writing Center and an intern at Creative Media Agency Inc. In her free time, she works on her novel, reads stacks of books and explores Pittsburgh with her friends.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt