10 Songs to Oust Those Studying Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

To be frank, we all get a case of those blues whenever it’s getting to be crunch time.  You get overwhelmed with the feeling of laziness and resentment towards certain classes.  During the semester, whenever there’s so much to be done as far as studying, assignments, and simply balancing life throughout it all, we tend to catch a case of these blues.  These feelings simply take over and make us feel like we just don’t want to do anything.  Instead of wallowing in those feelings, why not put yourself in a good mood to actually get stuff done!  The sooner you get something over with, the better you’ll feel about that accomplishment.

So here, I have put together some songs that may help to get you pumped up so you can accomplish those tough assignments and get yourself through those dreaded tasks. 

1.  Local Natives– Who Knows Who Cares
  2.  Tokyo Police Club– Centennial
  3. Basement Jaxx– Where’s Your Head At
  4. Major Lazer– Get Free
  5. Azealia Banks– 212
  6. Kaskade– Room For Happiness
  7. Telepopmusik– Breathe
  8. DJ KRUSH– Final Home
  9. Phaeleh– Losing You
  10. Moloko– The Time Is Now (Bambino Casino Mix)

If you want to check out any of these songs, you can simply click on the artist names.  Hope this helps with the semester ending.  Finals weeks can prove to be quite stressful for all of us.  Let some of that go with some good tunes in your ear prior, during, and/or even post study time.  I hope these good tunes can bring down your anxieties and help you zone in on the tasks at hand.  One step at a time…  “Smile, Breathe, and Go Slowly.”~ Tich Nhat Hanh

Photo Credit: 1

[All Song links go to YouTube]

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt