10 Best Wines for $10 (Or Less!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Whether you need a bottle of wine to bring to a friend’s or to get you through your first round of exams, there’s no need to spend lots of money. Try these great wines for $10 or less!

1. 19 Crimes

Price: $7.99

The only thing these wines are guilty of is good taste! I am not a big fan of red wine but the Shiraz is fruity and sweet with flavors of vanilla, raspberry, and plum. Make sure to download their app and watch the criminals on the bottle come to life and tell you about their crimes and banishment to Australia.  

2. Cupcake Vineyards Moscato d’Asti DOCG

Price: $10.99

Pair this bubbly wine with your favorite cakes and creamy desserts! With flavors of tropical fruits, peaches, and lychee, this is the perfect wine for anyone with a sweet tooth!  

3. Ménage à Trois Rouge

Price: $9.99

If you’ve never had a Ménage à Trois, this is where you should start *wink*. This wine pairs with just about every meal as it is not too sweet and not too dry. It is the perfect compromise for all red wine lovers.  

4. Barefoot Pink Moscato

Price: $6.99

A sorority girl classic, if I do say so myself. This is a great wine for people who don’t like wine. With a low alcohol and high sugar content, you may not even realize that you are drinking an alcoholic drink.  

5. Yellow Tail Shiraz

Price: $6.99

Shiraz is more dry and tart than what I usually drink but this wine pairs perfectly with dinner. Its sophisticated flavors of red berries, spice, and licorice are great for the holiday season.  

6. Woodbridge Sauvignon Blanc

Price: $10.99

After studying abroad in France last summer, I became a huge fan of sauvignon blanc. It is great for cooking and drinking (try both simultaneously). Refreshing and citrusy, this wine tastes like summer.  

7. Arbor Mist Peach Chardonnay

Price: $6.50

A friend from HC Pitt recommended this wine to me. We also gushed over the ~aesthetic~ of the frosted bottle. When I tried it, I was convinced it was just juice. I can’t wait to have this wine in warmer weather over a glass of ice. 

8. MD 20/20

Price: $5

I know what you’re thinking, but I had to put it on here. Every broke college student knows that Mad Dog is the cheapest and sweetest way to get a buzz. If you put aside the electric colors, the sugary wine is actually pretty good. My favorite flavor is blue raspberry! 

9. Los Vascos 2015 Colchagua Valley

Price: $8.99

Feeling spicy? This wine from Chilé has classic blackberry and cherry with mint, sage and rosemary flavors with hints of licorice and white pepper.  

10. Kirkland

It’s true. My favorite place in the world, Costco, has there own line of wines. I prefer the Côtes de Provence rosé but try them all—you won’t regret it! 

Bottoms up, ladies!  

Photo: 1

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt