Flashback Friday Review: PhilaU Family Day Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Family Day 2016 was quite a day. A day full of school spirit and soccer games. However, Family Day for this girl wasn’t just about eating Ravenhill brunch and bundling up for the games. As a California girl, Family Day is always different for me here at Philadelphia University. My family is unable to make it out for the weekend so my big plans usually include doing homework and watching Netflix. Luckily I have a stellar roommate who has an even stellar mom who loves to come for visits, especially on Family Day.

We spent our Family Day with our favorite tradition of making a quick stop to Franklin Fountain for some delicious ice cream. Despite the drop in temperature the ice cream was well worth the goosebumps and shivers. After we finished our ice cream we decided to spend time walking around Old City. To add to the fun, my roommate’s mom was babysitting her mother’s puppy for the weekend. We strolled down the cobblestoned streets laughing at the puppy’s antics of zigzagging down the street while greeting every stranger she saw. We stopped at Old City Coffee and then headed down to the Independence National Historical Park and spent a least a half hour taking in the green scenery and the fresh autumn air. But if I’m being perfectly honest, we just spent time taking pictures of the puppy frolicking in the grass. From there we continued our wandering, even stumbling across three weddings taking pictures in the park, and eventually heading back to school to end the day.

Although my Family Day wasn’t the typical experience here at PhilaU, it was still a fun-filled day.  I might not have spent it at the tailgate party or watching the soccer field or even with my family, but I did spend it eating ice cream and walking around parks with the cutest puppy, all while taking in first weekend of fall!

PHOTO CREDIT: Jacqueline Bartolo

I am a senior Textile Materials Technoloy major from good ol' Pollock Pines, CA. I love water skiing, dancing, and mom blogs!!!!!!!