Favorite Desserts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Carly: I have never had Ben & Jerry’s ice cream until I first started college. Now, I’m hooked. Half Baked is definitely my favorite!

Ashby: I’m not a big dessert person. I don’t like ice cream or donuts. I know; I’m crazy.  But the one thing I will never turn down is tiramisu.  I recently had a tiramisu macaroon from the Sugar Philly food truck and it was amazing.

Abbey: Last year, my roommate introduced me to microwaved cakes in a mug and I haven’t gone back. I have her 1 minute chocolate cake recipe and I love it! It’s perfect for a midnight snack and only takes a few minutes to prepare and make! All recipe and baking credit goes to Emily Monath.

Cora: It’s really difficult for me to pick just one favorite dessert. However, a really good milkshake is super high up on my list. The other night I went with my friends to Custard & Cakes Creamery and had the best pineapple milkshake!

Kellyn: As someone whose passion is baking, basically every dessert is my favorite. That being said though, I think I’ll always come back to ice cream as being #1 in my mind. There’s something that you can’t beat about creamy, cold ice cream. One of my favorite places in Philly is Big Gay Ice Cream on South St – they have some of the most delicious chocolate dipped cones!

Brittany: If there is one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I LOVE desserts! To me, it’s the best part about any meal. I am being 100% serious when I say I have the biggest sweet tooth of them all. If I have to be specific, I would say chocolate cake is my favorite amongst all sweets and desserts. It’s a tough call to make, but I stand by chocolate.

The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!