andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Things to Do Instead of Looking for Someone Else

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

My mother always told me that things will happen when you least expect it. But how can you least expect something when it is something that you want? We have been told that we shouldn’t look for a relationship in college because it is our time to enjoy being young. We just entered our twenties, the best years of our lives.

Via Giphy

Even though this is true, there are girls in college that still want someone by their side. Someone to hold, someone to watch Netflix and chill, and someone who will be there to support us when we get stuck in typical life situations. We all want that knight and shining armor. 

Via Giphy

However how do you look without, well, looking? To all the girls who are trying their best to not look, here are ways to kill two birds with one stone.

1.Focus On Your Grades

Via Tumblr

Dean’s list! No matter what, this should be your main focus! We are all in college and our goals should be earning those pretty A’s. 

2. Join A Sorority

Via Giphy

The creation of a new family! Joining a sisterhood allows you to create some of the best friendships that you will ever make in a lifetime.

3. Get Involved In Extra-Curricular Activities

Via Giphy

Show your school pride! Wherever your future career may take you, your future employer will be extremely impressed by seeing that you can handle many things at once. It will also teach you time management.

4. Get A Job

Via Giphy

Intern! I cannot express how important it is to intern. A good internship allows you to get hands on experience in your work force thus creating recommendations that can open door ways to your desired dream job.

5.  Learn To Cook

Via Giphy

Eating is a must! We are all away from home which means we are all away from having a home cooked meal. Whether you are living in your cramped apartment or in your first town house, it is time to begin your own type of scientific experiments which involve food.

6. Accomplish Fun Activities 

Via Giphy

YOLO! Do an activity that you have always wanted to do. You have reached a time in your life when you should begin making unforgettable memories.

7.Night With The Baes

Cheers! Bonding nights are the most important. Boys come and go, friends stay forever.

Via Giphy

8. Spend Time Doing Things That Make You Happy

Via Giphy

Paint! Read! Sing! Try to hit those high notes in your favorite song or read your favorite book while sipping on a nice cup of tea. Do something that makes you happy.

9. Netflix Binge

Via Giphy

This is the best type of addiction! The only thing going through your mind will be figuring out the next time you are free long enough to finish that next episode.

10. Volunteer

Via Giphy

Be a good civilian! Use your last bit of free time to volunteer at local places. Not only does this look good on your resume, you will leave feeling like a better person. We are all humans, lets come together and restore humanity. 

Via Giphy

We don’t need to worry about being single, we’ve got too much else going on!