This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Eyelash extensions have become all the rage. But for me, I like to stick to good old fashioned mascara. Why do you ask? Well, there are a few reasons. I don’t want to pay starting costs of $400 upwards to get my first set of lash extensions, plus  $70-90 every two to three/week for upkeep fees to add extra lashes as they fall. I also want to be able to take off mascara daily from my lashes to keep them healthy and full. Plus, I also love falsies and the variety of them.

With the right steps, your eyelashes will look beautiful and natural, and it will be at a fraction of the price. So here are my top 3 mascara must-haves in any beauty lover’s makeup bag.

Lancôme CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base $25.50

This is by far the best primer I have tried thus far. I am on my fourth tube of it, and that says something. I generally switch around, but after this was recommended to me, I was hooked. This primer not only protects your eyelashes from the layers of mascara you will glob on, but it also conditions your eyelashes. This should always be your first step to priming your eyelashes.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara $22

This mascara has always been one of my favorites, and I also prefer it any day over other mascaras in my makeup bag. I love this mascara because it gives me the perfect amount of length and clumps for a simple everyday look.

Lancôme GRANDIÔSE – Wide-Angle Fan Effect Mascara $32

This mascara is a game changer. It is perfect for that edgy evening and that elegant night where you want your eyelashes to pop. Your eyelashes will be so dramatic that a simple nude eyeshadow look will go perfect and nothing more is needed.