Presents for Your Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

What would you like to receive on Valentines Day? What do consider to be the most appropriate and perfect present for a day revolving around love? Here are just a few present ideas, both mainstream and not mainstream, for you to keep in mind for Valentine’s Day next year, or these might come in handy the next few months, ’cause who says you can only have a valentine on Valentine’s day?

1. Chocolate

I would have to say this is one of the most popular things that people buy for their valentine. It is sweet and super tasty, which makes it understandable as to why people love receiving it as a present. The best part is that chocolates come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and flavors. You would be sure to find a kind that would appeal to the taste of your valentine!

2. Flowers

Another super popular present given during Valentine’s Day. We often see people professing their love to their secret crush through a rose or any other kind of flower. Flowers smell amazing and they are beautiful to look at, which is why it is another one of those presents that are perfectly made for Valentine’s day.

3. Candles

Candles can be romantic. I am not quite sure if they can stand alone as a present though, but who am I to judge whether or not a candle can sway the heart of your valentine? I think candles are great presents because their light and smell they give just creates a warm and snuggly atmosphere.

4. Matching T-shirts

Continuing on with the concept of a different take on the presents you would get on Valentine’s day. I personally love t-shirts, because one, they are super comfy, and two they can be super cute too—what’s better than being comfy and cute at the same time, and what’s cuter than matching t-shirts or semi-matching t-shirts with your valentine?

5. Ice cream

Chocolate is already something we normally give, so why not give chocolate ice cream? You basically just upgraded your present to a whole new level, and since you are already giving chocolate ice cream, why not give your Valentine different flavors of ice cream too? There’s strawberry, cookie dough, mint, mango, etc. You choose.

6. Food

You might think that this is just a general category, but trust me, this kind of food I am talking about is not. I am not talking about those kinds of food you can easily buy in stores. I am talking the food you make on your own. You might not be the best chef, but it’s the thought that counts, right?! Here’s an idea, make a PB and J sandwich, those are super yummy and they are easy to make too, and if you don’t like PB and J, just make a turkey, or honey sandwich. Basically, the idea is that all sandwiches are good and count as food that you make on your own.