Movie Night on Galentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, which means Galentine’s Day (February 13) is going to be here very soon! I think most of us can admit that a movie night with the girls (and perhaps a few glasses of wine) is always a good idea! For those of you who want to have a relaxed Galentine’s Day that is more about quality time with your besties than about the artsy Insta pics, here are a few movie suggestions. Grab your favorite snacks and that bottle of Pinot you’ve been saving and have a great night full of your favorite on-screen cuties, and of course, quality time with the girls who make your life easier and more fun!

1. Letters to Juliet: A Brit in Tuscany with Amanda Seyfried? Perfection! Plus, you can’t help but love the clueless Victor, so as he would say, it’s “win-win!”

2. 27 Dresses: This movie has mixed reviews depending on who I speak to about it, but it is one of my personal favorites so it had to be on this list! I mean, seriously, James Marsden singing “Bennie and the Jets” is everything! 

3. The Time Traveler’s Wife: This movie is surprisingly underrated, but it is amazing and guaranteed to make you shed more than just a few tears. 

4. 10 Things I Hate About You: This is a classic based on a classic! There are few scenes in the Rom-Com world that will top Heath Ledger singing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” on the high school bleachers.

5. 13 Going on 30: Because this movie is everything from “Love is a Battlefield,” to frenemy Lucy Wyman, to the large mob of people dancing to “Thriller,” to Mark Ruffalo being his amazing self! And, Jennifer Garner delivers an amazing performance that never gets old! 

BONUS: For those of you who would rather make an event of the night, going to the movie theater is also a great option! In fact, there are quite a few options in theaters that are great for Galentine’s Day! However, I recommend La La Land. Sure, this is the obvious pick, but if you haven’t seen it, it is a definite must! If you have seen it already, well it wouldn’t be terrible to rewatch this serious Oscar contender prior to the 89th Academy Awards. It has been called the modern-day Singing in the Rain, and watching Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling fall in love again (after Crazy, Stupid, Love) is absolute perfection! 

Paola Ramos

Pepperdine

I'm a Pepperdine University senior from Texas. I'm a Leo, a total dog lover, and an avid reader. Spanish is my first language, so I am bilingual and working on being trilingual (I just need to turn my conversational French into fluent French). I love to write; it's a way of life!