LA Events During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

If you are staying in Malibu during Spring Break, you are pretty lucky. Think about it, you get to catch up on your classes without very many people distracting you and you will actually have time to get the rest of your life organized, as well. You may even get a chance to clean out your desk (something you’ve probably been meaning to do for months, now). However, this does not mean that you should not make some time for some fun! Considering Pepperdine students tend to be very musically talented, I’ve put together a list of events going on in Los Angeles this week for those of you who appreciate the fine arts.

1. Finding Neverland: This well-known musical will take you back to your childhood, as you remember the tale of Peter Pan and how everything is possible with faith, trust, and pixie dust. This show is currently playing at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood and will be there until March 12. 

2. Fun Home: You can find this Tony-award winning Broadway musical at the Ahmanson Theatre in DTLA. It is not only a highly recommended musical, but the theater itself is very beautiful. 

3. Salome: This opera will be at the LA Opera on February 25, March 2, and March 5. It is a great way to get some more culture in one’s life.

4. “The Four Seasons”: For those of you who enjoy classical music, the Venice Baroque Orchestra will be performing Vivaldi’s “The Four Seasons” for the LA Philharmonic at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. 

5. Long Day’s Journey Into the Night: Although this is not exactly a musical, it will definitely keep you engaged and entertained. It has great reviews, an incredible cast, and an incredibly moving plot, what more could you really want? Besides, it will be at the LA Geffen Playhouse all week, so you definitely have time to check it out! 

Paola Ramos

Pepperdine

I'm a Pepperdine University senior from Texas. I'm a Leo, a total dog lover, and an avid reader. Spanish is my first language, so I am bilingual and working on being trilingual (I just need to turn my conversational French into fluent French). I love to write; it's a way of life!