Her Campus Pepperdine’s Newest Writer: Lauren Lee!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Name: Lauren Lee

Major: English

Hometown: Westlake Village, CA

Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

Favorite Quote: I have so many favorite quotes that inspire me daily, but one of my favorites is paraphrased from Henry David Thoreau: “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”

What’s been your favorite memory at Pepperdine thus far?

Studying on the beach between classes and waking up before sunrise to go to Surf Convo are some of my favorite things about student life in Malibu.

Why did you decide to join Her Campus?

I enjoyed reading Her Campus articles in high school and I love the HC community. When I discovered there was a chapter at Pepperdine, I knew I had to be a part of it!

Who has been your biggest role model and why?

My mom is the biggest role model in my life. Her smile, strength, selflessness, and sincerity inspire me every day. She’s an amazing woman.

Dreams for the future?

In my entrepreneurial dreams, I hope to launch my own business one day. 

Describe the perfect date.

April 25th when it’s not too hot, not too cold, and all you need is a light jacket. Just joking! I’m all for having a night out to dinner and a concert.

What is something no one knows about you?

Not many people know that I play three instruments: drums, guitar, and piano!

My name is Queenie Navarro and I am an Accounting major in my 3rd year at Pepperdine University. On campus, I am involved with the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and am currently interning for College Fashionista as a Style Guru. In my free time, I enjoy going on spontaneous adventures and am devoted to the belief that life is about taking chances and trying everything that the world has to offer. I've shopped 'til I've literally dropped, I used to be part of a punk rock band, I've tried everything from escargot to scorpions on a stick, and have been fortunate enough to travel in over 40 countries before I even turned twenty. Overall, I consider myself to be a very open-minded person and am inspired, daily, by the people around me. One day, I dream of working for the corporate offices of some fashion magazine while hopefully getting to travel the world.