Style

Accessories That Revamp Your Style Without Breaking the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Do you want to change up your style but don’t have the extra cash to buy a whole new wardrobe? The truth is that you don’t need to get new clothes to change your style. You just have to change how you accessorize them. Here are some budget friendly accessories that will reinvent your look!

Fanny Packs

Buy the fanny pack pictured at Urban Outfitters

Stylish and practical! Fanny packs are back and being sported by all of your favorite celebrities like Kendall Jenner and Leonardo DiCaprio. They are the perfect bag for going on a hike with friends, spending a day in Los Angeles or going to an amusement park. You don’t have to worry about carrying a bag everywhere you go with one of these. Fanny packs come in a variety of styles and fun fabrics, so you’re sure to find one you like!

Hoop Earrings

Buy the earrings pictured at LuLus

I didn’t have a big interest in hoop earrings until last fall, but I can say they have changed my life! Hoops are perfect for adding a little something your outfit for class or your get up for a girls’ night out. Add them to a tank top and sweatpants or leggings and a hoodie and you have yourself an upgraded athleisure look. These earrings are so versatile!

Scrunchies

Buy the scrunchie pictured at Urban Outfitters

Scrunchies are making a comeback and I’m all for it! These fun hair accessories are my lifesavers on mornings when I didn’t get enough sleep the night before and still want to look cute. Also, they are way better for your hair than hair ties because they won’t cause as much hair breakage. They are the perfect touch to your comfy and casual looks.  

Small Frame Sunglasses

Buy the sunglasses pictured at Urban Outfitters 

I have to give a nod to Kim Kardashian for this accessory. Kim has been seen out recently sporting sunglasses with small frames and I love this look! They are perfect for giving your style a little vintage flair. I will definitely be swapping in my big frame sunglasses for a pair of small frames soon.

Dainty Gold Necklaces

Buy the necklaces pictured at LuLus

If you are looking for a simple way to make your outfit look a little more put together, look no further than a dainty gold necklace. One of the best parts of these necklaces is you can find them at almost every store and at every price point! Wear just one or layer them for a different look.

Fun Belts

Buy the belt pictured at LuLus

If you’re looking to add a pop of color and character to an outfit, belts are perfect for this. Belts come in so many unique designs and can be worn multiple ways. One of my personal favorites when it comes to belt styles are skinny belts. The next belt I plan on investing in is a chain belt. They look so classy and can be worn with not only pants, but skirts too!

SaveSave

Brooke Zeall

Pepperdine '20

I'm a Film major in my senior year at Pepperdine University. I'm from a small town in Pennsylvania, but always dreamed of living in So-Cal. I'm a movie junkie and can usually be found at a movie theater on Friday or Saturday nights. I'm also into writing, photography, reading and makeup. I'm a huge Disney fan and can talk about their movies or theme parks for hours!