This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

With less than a month left to go before summer getting up in the morning, staying awake all day is getting harder. Not everyone is a morning person, but with a little help everyone can survive the morning.

Have a Turmeric Shot Before Breakfast

Having a turmeric shot at the start of your day boosts your metabolism, helps with skin, and relieves stress. There are numerous recopies online and plenty of stores sell them, but most include turmeric (obviously), lemon juice, and orange juice. Basically it’s full of nutrients and vitamins to kick your day off.

Drink a Glass of Water When You Wake Up

Like turmeric shots, drinking water when you wake up kick starts your metabolism, helps flush out toxins and hydrates your body giving it energy for the day.

Actually Get Up

Everyone does it where they turn off their alarm, and then contemplate why they are getting up. Skip that. If you give yourself the chance to think about it you will keep thinking about it the whole morning, so get up and get going as soon as your alarm goes off. It helps if your alarm isn’t right next to your bed so in order to turn it off you have to get up.

Do Some Yoga Poses in the Morning

You don’t have to be a yogi to do some yoga. Whether you have more yoga pants than jeans in your closet doing a few poses in the morning can help get your blood flowing an help wake you up to do the point you’re ready to face the day.

Eat an Actual Breakfast

The phrase “breakfast is the most important meal” didn’t become so popular for not being true. Starting your day off well fueled is important and will have an impact on how you feel for the rest of the day.

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.