This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

1. Create a Mood Board

Whether it’s for your goals or for a specific project, having a mood board can help you come up with ideas for projects as well as help inspire you to overcome creative block.

Photo by Pineapple Supply Co. from Pexels

2. Keep a Sketch Journal

Just a little sketch everyday can help you keep up your creativity and get you back into the spirit of drawing. I like to sketch a little doodle every day about what happened that day, and even if I slip up and forget one day, I go back and still sketch something for it.

3. Create a Music Playlist

Music is a great, and my number one go-to inspiration whenever I just can’t seem to get the creative juices flowing. Whether it’s an article, an essay, some art, or even an Instagram caption, music is a wealth of inspiration. So, put together a killer playlist that will absolutely blow away anything blocking your creativity

Photo by Kaboompics // Karolina from Pexels

4. Keep a Story Journal

Whether or not you are a writer, all art is connected and writing things out always helps. Keeping a story journal allows you to explore different avenues of creativity and who knows, a little sentence you come up with one day might turn into a best seller.

5. Create an Inspiration Wall

Inspiration walls are pretty self-explanatory; take a wall, or a part of one, and just put anything that inspires you on it. You can tear out pages from magazines or put up postcards from cities you want to explore. Each and every one of us finds inspiration in different places, so personalize a wall that will constantly encourage you.  

Photo by Raw Pixels from Pexels

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.