Reading, Pa Event Spotlight: Guts & Glory

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Are you dedicated to a healthy lifestyle or want to find out how to start one? Then come out to the Guts & Glory: Digestive and Wellness Expo on October 4, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

This event will be held at the First Energy Stadium in Reading (Directions from campus) and is free and open to the public. The first 500 attendees will receive a goodie bag. All ages are welcome.

Attendees of Guts & Glory 2014, will embark on a journey of wellness education, nutritional awareness and health consciousness.  Local vendors will hold health food and fitness demonstrations throughout the day.

Activities include:

• “The Greatest Show on Dirt” a music extravaganza about farming and food by Little Farm Show
  • “To Blend or Not to Blend” a cooking demo on juicing by Kate Murray & the PA Dept of Health
  • “Willpower & Grace” a barefoot fitness class given by Sunshine Fitness
  • “The Colossal Colon” a 40-foot long oversized model of the colon to crawl around and learn about colorectal cancer
  • “The Kinesthetic Classroom” Learn about teaching and learning through movement
  • “Bikram Yoga” a hot yoga demonstration

Visit MyGutInstinct.Org for more info or to volunteer to help out at the event.

Follus us @HCpsuBerks
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.