PRSSA Plans Big Involvement in Student Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

The Public Relations Student Society of America Club (PRSSA) is working hard to put student-friendly campus activities into action. With their Unity Day project, a Wall of Happiness, completed, the club is working to participate more within the student body of Penn State Berks.

Club President, senior Keanny Rosario, said the goal of the board was to bring students together and represent a variety of backgrounds. 

“We chose to create a ‘Wall of Happiness’, where students can write what makes them happy and pin it to our board,” Keanny said. By the end of the event, the board was covered in words and phrases referring to what makes the student body happy.

At the following meetings, PRSSA brainstormed other ideas for campus involvement. These include hot chocolate stands, candy sales, and LinkedIn seminars. 

The LinkedIn seminars will feature speakers from outside Berks Campus lecturing on creating an experienced online appearance. There will also be an opportunity for students to have professional headshots taken.

The main purpose of the club is to encourage members to network within the community. PRSSA plans to participate in more public events, such as the Baer Park cleanup day on Oct. 14th.

Freshman Marketing major at Siena College!
Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.