President of Feministic Club: Erika Germann

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

The Basics

Name: Erika Germann

Year: Senior

Major: Professional Writing

Hometown: Hamburg, PA

On-Campus Activities: FemClub, SSDP, Berks Avengers, Writing Center tutor

All About the Club

What is Feministic Club: The FemClub is a club for people who people in equality. Many members identify as feminists. We try to educate the campus about issues relating to feminism.

If someone were to join Feministic Club, what should they expect: At our meetings we try to plan our events. But we also use the time to talk about things happening in the news or on campus that is bothering members. Sometimes we’ll watch popular videos and talk about the social implications of the videos and their messages.

What is Feministic Club’s mission here at Berks: To educate the campus and community about issues relating to feminism.

What are some benefits of joining the Feministic Club: Great to put on a resume, learn some great skills (as a small organization there is a lot of hands on experience), learn about issues that you might not otherwise have known about, and meet some great and accepting people.

Upcoming events Feministic Club will be hosting or attending: Take Back The Night in April 2015 – an event that raises awareness about sexual assault and sexual violence, especially as it pertains to college campuses.

For more information on the Feministic Club contact: Erika at eig5106@psu.edu

More About Erika

Describe yourself in 3 words: Kind, sarcastic, dry (humor)

You can have dinner with one person dead or alive who do you choose: This one is too damn hard to answer

What are your plans after graduation: Graduate school (Library and Information Science)

What do you think is your biggest personal accomplishment: Living how I want to live

Follus us @HCpsuBerks
Kristy is a senior at Penn State Berks.