An Open Letter to Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

No words can truly express the gratitude I feel for you! We started out as acquaintances; in other words, I began as a hopeful writer who just wanted her work to be published and you were the perfect opportunity to help make that happen. You allowed me to hone in on my AP writing skills and speak on one of my favorite topics every couple of weeks—fashion.

A semester later, our relationship grew as I became a CC for my chapter at Penn State Berks. Since we only knew little about each other, it was time for us to become closer as I learned the ins and out of running an entire chapter for the first time! We had some difficult spots along the way as I learned to navigate your tools and get acquainted with your lingo, but all of that time and effort paid off in the end.

Now, as I end my undergraduate career, this means we will soon depart from each other’s lives. It’s pretty bittersweet. I’ll always miss being able to use you as a source to get my points across, but I won’t miss those long nights going back and forth with you about how to structure my articles. Don’t get me wrong! You’ve also taught me some key aspects of being a writer as well as a marketer, promoter and manager.

I’ve never done this much running around and talking to people about something more than I have Her Campus! You really gave me a taste of what it takes to be in charge of all aspects of running a successful chapter. Thanks to you, I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone and done everything in my power to get your name out there to my peers!

I guess I want to say that I’m glad to have been a part of your brand. Through the ups and downs, I’ve become a better person with your help! I don’t doubt that you’ll always be a part of my life forever because we’ve created a life-long bond. As I pass you along to the next CC who I’m sure you’ll impact just as much, just remember one thing. You are the reason I will continue to work even harder to make my dreams come true!

Love,

Bree

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.