An Open Letter to the Guy who Thinks a Glue Stick would Solve Period Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Image from Pexels

Seriously?

You think it’s a great idea to use glue down there?

Have you ever glued your fingers together? Did you enjoy the feeling? Did you feel like you could go on with everyday activities while they were stuck together? Could you focus on anything other than, “Wow, my fingers are glued together?” How did it feel when you finally got your finger separated?

Besides that issue, you comment that having your period decreases production. That doesn’t make sense. Some people are in pain and others could use a nap. If anything, women push through their work so that they can take the time to take care of themselves. Self-care is a great way to relax and become more creative, like you recommended, but it doesn’t seem to me like you’ve thought about that angle.

Why don’t you focus on an idea that has some merit, like making pads and tampons available to everyone? It’s a problem with the low-income population, and to the rest of us, expensive.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.