Muslim Student Association (MSA)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

The Muslim Student Association has become one of the most well-known clubs on campus to date. They were founded in spring 2014 and is run by President Habida Popal and Kianat Zamir. This club is dedicated to helping students broaden their horizons, seek out newfound knowledge and serve the community and its members by participating in volunteering activities. They are the recipients of two SGA (Student Government Association) awards for the “Excellence in Community Service Award” and the “Outstanding Diversity Program Award!” Recently, they just hosted the “World Hijab Day” which allowed students to receive a free hijab and experiment what it’s like to wear in today’s society. MSA is committed to educating students on what it’s like to identify as a Muslim and going above and beyond to include all Muslims and Non-Muslims. To learn more about MSA or to receive information about joining, contact Habida Popal. Also,  don’t forget to check them out on Facebook!

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.