Latino Unity Club Vice President: Selena Duvivier!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Name- Selena M. Duvivier

Birthday- July 20, 1995

Zodiac sign- Cancer

Hometown- Philadelphia, PA

Relationship Status- “I’m in a very happy relationship!”

Major- “International Politics with a minor in Spanish. I’m also pursuing my Master’s in International Affairs.”

On-campus activities- I’m the Vice President of Latino Unity Club, I’m an RA, the Governmental Chair for SGA, a S.A.I.L. mentor for first year students, and Peer Health Educator promoting healthy living and safer habits on campus.”

Why did you choose to attend Penn State Berks? “I chose Penn State Berks because it was the closest Penn State campus (which I’ve always loved Penn State) to my grandmother that had on campus housing, and the small setting appealed to me.”

What are some things on your bucket list? “Some things on my bucket list are learning how to ski, learning how to play the guitar, and providing a full proof immigration system for the U.S.”

What do you like to do during your free time? “During my free time, I like to go to the movies and dinner with my amazing boyfriend. I also like to binge watch series on Netflix and take naps (My life is super hectic!)”

Describe your personality in 3 words- “Boisterous, hyper, and unfaltering”

What’s your favorite movie? “My favorite movie is Across the Universe, a musical based off of Beatles music.”

What’s your favorite quote? “My fav quote is “If success is easy, everyone would be doing it.”

What’s your dream job? “My dream job is to be the secretary of state, which is also my goal in life.”

What advice would you give to your younger self? “The advice I would give to my younger self is to love yourself!! Everything won’t be perfect, but everything will happen the way it’s supposed to and you will find a way to persevere through everything life hands you.”

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.