This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

It seems that 2016 was kind to at least one person. Kylie Jenner, of Jenner-Kardashian clan fame, rocketed to fame this year with her makeup line Kylie Cosmetics.

The line began earlier this year when Jenner launched the Kylie Lip Kit, a lipstick and liner combo. The product garnered global success, inspiring an entire line of beauty products created by Jenner and a team of professionals.

“​Kylie Cosmetics℠ is a collection of products I created working with my amazing team in our lab to design the perfect ‘Kylie look’,” Jenner says on her website, kyliecosmetics.com. This is the only licensed seller of Jenner’s products.  

“I can’t wait to see how beautiful everyone is going to look.”

As early as June of this year, it was spotted by fans that other websites were selling knock-offs of the Kylie Lip Kits. Some of them included ingredients such as gasoline and glue.

In October, Jenner took to Snapchat to warn her fans of the scam. 

“Only buy from kyliecosmetics.com,” she said in a video. “The ingredients that they’re using in these fake products are really, really dangerous, which is my biggest concern.” 

The team at kyliecosmetics.com have since worked to take down the fake sites, and Jenner’s line seems safe and sound. 

Jenner grew her line with additional lip kits, eyeshadow palettes (which she calls “Kyshadow”), and seasonal bundles. During the fall months, lip kits such as Pumpkin, Spice, and Trick made an appearance on the online shop.

For the holiday season, Jenner has debuted shades named Merry, Vixen, and Candy K, among others. The website offers free gift bags with any lip kit purchase, and the Holiday Bundles, which include all the holiday shades in lip kits and eye shadow palettes, are available now. 

Freshman Marketing major at Siena College!
Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.