Jocelyn Vargas ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Name: Jocelyn Vargas

Year:  Junior

Major: Criminal Justice with a minor in Spanish

Hometown: “I’m originally from New York, but I was raised in the city of Reading.”

On Campus Activities: Latino Unity Club, Communication Nation (SGA Rep), Blue and White Society, S.A.I.L. Mentor, and incoming freshman mentor over the summer

What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself? Outgoing, honest, ambitious

Why did you choose Penn State Berks? “It wasn’t my first choice, but I got accepted here first. I came here without even having a tour, but getting involved helped me to meet more people.”

What is your main goal in life? “My main goal in life is to be happy in my career. I want to be a judge someday, and I want to be happy and successful with it. It’s the perfect career for me because I love law and criminal justice, and I get to be myself. Also, I want to have money! If I have kids, I want to be able to support them and send them to college.” 

What is something on your bucket list?  “I’ve never left the country, so I really want to travel overseas.”

What advice do you have for students who want to get involved? “I would advise them to just do it! It’s a great way to meet friends, especially if you’re a commuter. I think that’s why I have a lot of connections on campus because I’ve gotten involved. You can find a lot of things about yourself through getting involved that you might not have known before.”

Meredith is a sophomore Communications, Arts, and Sciences major at Penn State Berks.
Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.