Entrepreneurship Edition — Neon Daisy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

“The purpose of Neon Daisy is to share my love of simple jewelry and accessories with others without breaking the bank. I am a broke college girl who still likes pretty things, which is why I started making my own jewelry in the first place. No other place could offer exactly what I wanted for a realistic price. I hope I can offer others what wasn’t offered to me: adorable jewelry and accessories that help me express myself, without having to live off of ramen for a week.”

Penn State Berks’ very own Sarah Papovich is the founder and CEO of her company Neon Daisy. Neon Daisy is an online boutique store on etsy.com. The store offers a variety of different jewelry between earrings, wristlets, hair ties, etc. Currently, Neon Daisy provides for a wide range of people; however, mostly targeting college women between the ages of 19 -23. However, Sarah mentioned that some products also appeal to younger and older women as well.

“It depends on what product you’re interested in. My older sister loves the wristlets I make,” Sarah answered.  

In the future, Neon Daisy looks forward to expanding their earrings, jewelry, wristlets and lanyards by use of sewing. Sarah also looks forward to producing mittens and hats for the winter, as well as lip balms and lotions that are environmentally friendly.

When coming up for the name of Neon Daisy, Sarah looked more towards a Boho and hippie style. After conducting research on different Boho styles, Sarah discovered that neon was the color that would properly depict this style. Neon and the combination of her second favorite flower came the birth of Neon Daisy.

In addition to her own personal style, Sarah also finds her inspiration on Pinterest and CraftGawker for new product lines in her store. One of Sarah’s goals is to have her products be available and trends that are affordable.

Currently, Neon Daisy’s prices range from $3.00 bobby pins to $10 three piece earring sets. Also Sarah provides a free shipping service to anyone who buys her products and live on campus.

“I’m a college student, I’m broke, but I want to look good though. I want to be to get things that are affordable and look good, so obviously other people are going to want that too,” Sarah added.

In the future, Sarah also hopes to collaborate with clubs on campus and provide products that they can sell.  

In addition to all of the hard work Sarah puts into crafting her products, she also finds great joy in providing her service to her customers. “When there is a purchase made at my store, it makes me feel so awesome because this customer could go anywhere and buy this product from anywhere else, but they chose me. And it’s just the greatest feeling in the world,” Sarah said.

For more information regarding Neon Daisy, you can contact Sarah Papovich on the Neon Daisy Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NeonDaisyShop?ref=profile. You can also view the Neon Daisy product line at etsy.com at https://www.etsy.com/shop/NeonDaisyShop?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar

My name is Bianca Sepulveda, but everyone refers to me as Marie Veda. I am a senior at Penn State Berks with a major in Professional Writing and two minors in Business and English. While enrolled at Penn State, I have been a Resident Assistant in the dorms and a tutor in the Writing Center.
Follus us @HCpsuBerks