Book Review: The Heir

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

From Barnes and Noble:

Kiera Cass’s #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series has enchanted readers from the very first page. In this fourth romantic novel, follow Illéa’s royal family into a whole new Selection—and find out what happens after happily ever after.

Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon’s heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn’t expect anything like her parents’ fairy-tale love story…but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn’t as impossible as she’s always thought.

A new generation of swoon-worthy characters and captivating romance awaits in the fourth book of the Selection series!

Rating: 5/5 stars

What’s it like: It reminds me of the rest of the books in the series!!

What I thought: I loved it! I don’t love it as much as I loved the first few books, but I still love it. It continues the Selection series with America’s daughter, Eadlyn. She has a selection of her own to deal with. It’s an interesting take because she’s the one making the decisions. Everything she does is relatable. Her interactions with guys are perfectly stilted. It is a great book and I highly recommend the series. There’s only one book left after The Heir. I also love the covers.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.