jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Blog: Camp Out for Hunger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Last night, CAB hosted the community service event, Camp Out for Hunger! Many PSU Berks clubs came together and volunteered for a fun night of activities and education. This was my first time attending this event and I must say, it was an incredible night! As soon as I walked in, I knew there would be a great night to come. Zumba was being hosted by the Zumba Lions club as I arrived. Then, it was time for some sports when BSCC hosted a flag football tournament. The night got even better when there was a shelter building competiton between different teams using only boxes and string. The teams then had to test out those shelters outside for thirty minutes. This was a very educational way to experience what homelessness may be like for some people not only in the community, but also in the entire world. We had the chance to discuss our feelings about having to be out in the cold without food or a roof over our heads. From the activities to the dance team coming out to perform two routines for the crowd, this was an unforgettable night, and I can’t wait to attend Camp Out for Hunger 2016!

Zumba

Flag Football

Shelter Building Contest

Dance Team

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.