Style > Beauty

5 Things You Did After Watching Beauty and the Beast (If You’re a Musical Theater Nerd)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Image by Pixabay

1. See the movie again. And again. And again.

Sure, you’re a poor college student, but you should treat yourself once in a while, right? Even if that means spending $9.50+ per showing to see the enchanting film over and over while it’s still in theaters, you ow it to yourself. Besides, after its box office run, you’ll have to wait as long as four months for it to be released on DVD! Take the opportunity to be their guest as often as you wish while you still have the chance.

2. Re-watch the original film.

Even if you loved it as a kid, you’ll probably enjoy the 1991 film even more now that it has a touch of nostalgia to it. There are a few differences between the animated and live-action versions, so it’s fun to watch the original and try to pick them out, plus having two different versions of the same beautiful love story at your fingertips is something you can’t pass up.

3. Blast the soundtrack in the car (And sing along, of course.)

Emma Watson’s wistful singing as she wanders about the town; Josh Gad’s musical jabs at Luke Evans; Dan Stevens’s bittersweet ballad about his unrequited love. How could anyone resist these beautifully reimagined songs many of us grew up listening to? They were no doubt stuck in your head the moment you left the theater and thanks to Spotify and Walt Disney Records, you can take the songs with you anywhere you go. If you’re like me, you’ve been listening to them nonstop since you saw the movie, and probably have all the lyrics memorized.

4. Act out the scenes in your bedroom.

The only logical step after memorizing all the words to your favorite songs is to memorize the choreography! If you’ve ever been in a high school musical, you know how fun it is to sing and dance your heart out alongside a cast who is just as emphatic about musicals as you are. Even if you don’t actually have the cast of Beauty and the Beast in your bedroom with you, it’s still fun to dance along to songs like “Gaston” and “Be Our Guest”, pretending like you’re one of Belle’s friends (or foes, as the case may be).

5. Spend (too much of) your time watching interviews and reading trivia about the movie.

That important final project that’s been looming over you for weeks can wait one more day: you have cast interviews to watch! The actors and actresses of Beauty and the Beast have chemistry onscreen and off: watching Emma Watson and Dan Stevens play off each other is sure to melt your heart, and Josh Gad and Luke Evans’s lighthearted humor will have you laughing along with them. The cast interacts so well together that it’s hard to resist watching interview after sing-along challenge after interview. Plus, reading comparisons and fan theories about the original film versus the new version is so intriguing… much more intriguing than that British Lit essay you should be writing.

Freshman Marketing major at Siena College!
Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.