3 Reasons You Should Nominate Deserving Seniors for Homecoming Court 2015!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Homecoming is fastly approaching, and it’s all about family, friends, and fun! Can you guess this year’s theme? This year we are bringing out our inner 60’s style with the theme “Peace, Love, and Penn State Berks!” Expect some great events during this weekend (September 25-27) with fun things like a picnic lunch, live music, balloon animals, a petting zoo, and many more!

Homecoming wouldn’t be the same without our wonderful homecoming court nominees! Nominate any senior, male or female, to be a part of this experience. You can vote for up to 5 males and females each! The nominees with the most votes by Friday, September, 4th by noon will be our 2015 homecoming court participants! You might be wondering, why should I vote? Here’s why.

1. Of course to get involved! Here at Penn State Berks, we highly encourage students, especially our first years, to get involved in some way on campus, and what’s more exciting then being able to decide our king and queen?

2. You can nominate someone you know! If you’re close with a student leader whether they are a mentor, Lion Ambassador, Resident Assistant, or a close friend who’s involved, you have the power to help them receive a big honor! And if they win, you could totally brag about how you helped them win! ;)

3. You will determine the faces of Penn State Berks–at least for homecoming anyway! The king and queen will have his and her face plastered in the Perkins Student Center! Overall, it’s just a great way to get yourself involved and possibly make a friend love you forever! You’re welcome! :) XOXO

**P.S. Our CC is a senior! :)

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.